It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
(male)

justinj90 HB User
Angry please

hello my name is justin jackson and i am 21 years old and live in phoenix Arizona. just over the last couple of days ive started to think fibro may be the cause to all my problems. for about 2 and a half years now i have been in and out of hospitals, ers, and doctors offices trying to get some relief. my problems differ slightly tho from others on here. i have had no diagnosis yet but have had very extensive workups done including a complete gi work up at the Scottsdale mayo clinic to still have no answers. all these docs just throw pain meds at me and say they don't know. this has gotten to the point of severe depression and anger leading to very unhealthy thought. , my pain is usually localized to my stomach about the size of my fist right under my belly button but it hurts severely all the time. i can hardly eat and my sleep is even worse. i was also forced to drop out of college which is why i moved here. often headache and joint pain come with this especially in my knees. i have tried prednisone, hyocyamine. oxy, ambien, amnitryptilene, imipram, and others im sure i forgot. ive tried gluten free, lactose free, all the diets under the sun to still be at the same spot with no answers. this is ruining my life. i find myself wishing i don't wake up in the morning some days its sad, and even sadder that im posting it on here but no doctors will listen so please anyone ANYTHING would be helpful at this point. a doctor referral around my area would be ideal. thank you very much and good luck to everyone

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: justinj90
bluemoondaisy (06-15-2012), KittyWolf (06-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: please

Hi welcome to the board. I am sorry you are feeling so down, you may or may not have fibro the problem is it can take a long time to get diagnosed. You have to keep a record of all your symptoms and take it with you to doctors vists. It is very easy to forget when you have many symptoms.

Your headaches and joint pain may well be fibro, I have no stomach pain and have not heard of it relating to fibro but I am sure some others will be along soon to post who have more experience than me. It is very sad that you do not feel like waking up in the morning but understandable when you are in so much pain and feel you are getting no where. It will get better, you will find out what is wrong with you it may take some time. It took me 8 years, hopefully you will not have to wait nearly that long.

Keep posting and asking questions it really helps. The very best of luck,

Ann

Last edited by Agenda; 06-11-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Hi Justin,

Sorry you feel so bad and so young too. Some symptoms of Fibro are that there is pain in all 4 quadrants of the body, and pain has been prevalent for more than 3 months. There is a older test that is used sometimes which says that you have 18 tender points in the body and 11 of them must be painful. There is whole host of other symptoms too such as fatigue, however things have to be ruled out before the Fibro diagnosis is given. I hope you have a doctor that will work with you as maneuver through everything and hopefully come up with a diagnosis and treatment plan. A good doctor can make a world of difference. People on here are very helpful too.

Pam

Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Hey there!
Welcome to the board
Have you had food allergy testing done?
Which growing up I had allot of stomach problems & no doctor could tell us why. As a teen I started getting rashes. My mom told me then that as a baby the wheat in baby food would give me rashes. But I grew out of it... She felt bad because she didn't think about that with all the stomach issues. We found that i was gine with white/bleached flour. I stayed away from all wheat starch & wheat gluten & didn't get rashes. But there were a few times i would eat stuff I didn't know had those kind of wheat in them (Pringles, sour dough, soy sauce, ect). I wouldn't get a rash, my allergy had progressed into severe stomach pain. The last couple times it was severe stomach pain, vomiting ect. Like I had the worst kind of flu. I didn't know till I was 30 that I'm only allergic to wheat starch, not wheat gluten. But it took a long time to pin point which one it was because I stayed away from both afraid to test it out. It's been 11 years such I've had wheat starch & I assume it would probably kill me now...
With having problems for so many years, I went gluten free for 3 months one time & 6 months another time. I did not notice any difference in how I felt. I've been tested for celiac.
Anyhow, to my point... Food allergy testing is a good idea. Also keeping a food diary to see if there is a pattern in the foods you are eating. It could take 20 mins after eating to have a reaction.
Also, I know of a few people who had to have their gall bladder out. They had severe stomach pain. One of them had problems for 2 years before finally getting help... I had to have mine out but my pain was in my back, shoulders, & chest. The pain was almost as bad as child birth. I compare my stomach pain from wheat starch the same way... Very Painful...
Anyhow, hope it helps... Wish I had more info for you buy one step at a time is good also
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

justin, please don't give up. My cousin had a pain in his stomach area and kept going to docs and going until finally one of them found some hidden little non cancerous growth that was causing all his problems. Once they took it out all went back to normal. However it was hard on him and his family worrying why he was so sick. I'm not saying that is what you have, I'm just saying you have to keep pushing until you find out what it is.
Something else I would suggest researching is how to talk to doctors and most of all what doctors hear when you are talking to them. I have read several articles about that and you would be surprised. They are trained that way. Getting what you want and need from a doctor is an art form.....giggle! Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Glojer

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal pain, gastro intestinal, pain