It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

Sheri24 HB User
Smile Can heavy opioid (pm) OR too much general anesthesia cause fibromyalgia?

Hello.

this is the first time I am posting on this message board. My health issues are very complex starting with 1.) 1 lumbar back fusion, 2.) 3 cervical neck fusions and/or artificial discs. After my lower lumbar surgery I started to notice that my whole body was beginning to hurt all over. At that time, I had been prescribed percocets for the follow up surgical pain. I think I was taking the max a day (8) 325?s perhaps. Anyway, I slowly developed full blown flares of fibromyalgia. I didn't know it was fibro until after the third surgery. All of my surgeries where close together, they took up almost two years of my life going through these-- only to develop a much worse (or nearly just as bad) condition. Fibro consumes my life. I am now taking break through meds (Roxicodone) 4 a day, along with Fenynl patchs which I swith out every other day (max dose of 100mg). I take Gabapentin, Cymbalta, and other anti-depressant meds as well.

My quesiton is this?
Is it possible to develop fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrom from taking too many opiodes/narcotics? I am starting to think that the fibro is a result of the narcotics and opiotes in my system. Is this possible? Or, could I have developed fibromyalgia from from having too much anesthesia in such a short period of time?

I am so confused!! I want off all these drugs, but I fear the side effects of withdrawl from them. Have you, or has anyone you know of every had rapid detox under anesthesia to get off narcotics for fibromyalgia? Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be great. I am open to all.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-28-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Can heavy opioid (pm) OR too much general anesthesia cause fibromyalgia?

hi sheri,
welcome to the boards. there is no knowledge as to how we end up with fibro. i would be more inclined to think it was the surgeries that opened the door to fibro. what we most all have in common is some kind of physical trauma to the body. for me it was putting off surgery on my hands, not my idea, insurance company and workers comp kept putting it off till one day bam i got hit by the fibro truck. laid me out for over a year.
i don't take meds for fibro. i take enough meds for other junk in my body. wean of gently from your meds. it's not as scary as you think. just go slow. a quick detox would most likely be fodder for fibro. i have learned over the years that quick fixes are seldom the way to go. usually i have to go thru a longer flare than normal after seeking a quick fix for any aspect of my body.
best of luck getting your system clean. once you do then you will be able to decide what if anything you do want to take.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread