It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
(female)

Jennings1 HB User
Re: side effects of Savella for Fibromyalgia

Thank you Foxy Brown for the info. I will look into trying them.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Foxy, my gastro already prescribes symax for my IBS, so he told me to double them, one in morning and one at night and to use Miralax every morning. I gave it a try, but it did not help. Since the Savella did absolutely NOTHING for my fibro or fatigue, I just stopped taking it and kept up the symax and miralax for a while and it corrected itself. The only thing that would help while on the Savella was a laxative called Correctol and I had to double that dosage. Believe me, I tried going down on the meds and titrating back up and cutting the dosage in half, everything I could think of. Without success! Savella is an old antidepressant (milnaciprin) that the pharmaceutical company put a new label on and put it out there for Fibromyalgia. My Rheumy tried to tell me if I couldn't take Savella then the next drug would be cymbalta. I said no it won't, I don't need an antiD and most of all my insurance company won't pay for it. By the way for those who take cymbalta, I have heard that sometime this year there may be a generic coming out for it.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
(female)

Foxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB User

No wonder Savella never worked for me, as well as Cymbalta. I wasn't depressed. I was just in pain. Right away when I told my rheumy that, he immediately said quit taking it. I'm blessed in a way, because he is trying to work with me, and as he told me, we've tried everything and I just don't know what to do. Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I have been on nuerontin, cymbolta & lyrica in the past. While on them it doesnt seem like they do anything but i tried going drug free in between those somewhere & couldnt handle the pain. Savella works for me. Or atleast I think it does... But my fibro had only gotten worst since it hit. I take Tramadol 2x daily & flexeril for sleep at night & pain during the day. If the savella is working then why have I upped my other pain meds & muscle relaxer?
After reading the last few posts I'm wondering if the Savella works after all? I didn't really think about it until now... Now I'm wondering if I should stop the savella...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Tori if Savella is helping you and you don't have the side effects from it, then I would say stick with it. It did absolutely nothing for me. When I titrated up to 50mg, I had about one or maybe two days where I felt a little more energy. That was about it and the side effects got worse. On the other hand, if you know it isn't working then why put more drugs in your body.

Foxy, my rheumy and I have been together a while now and early on we reached an understanding. He doesn't try to blow smoke up my....uh...skirt....giggle....and I won't try to con him. Straightforward Q and A works best for us. I know, I am very lucky to not need an antiD.

Glojer

Closed Thread