It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

gina101 HB User
Rib cage.

I had horrible pain today it started in my back and went into my rib cage. It was so painful felt like something was squeezing me around my back and ribs, had some burning with it. Anyone ever have this? It lasted several hours and just went away as quickly as it came on.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: Rib cage.

It could be costochondritis, look it up and maybe it' will help. Feel better!

The Following User Says Thank You to tmrots For This Useful Post:
gina101 (06-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

It does sound like maybe costo, You might try Ice along the spine around nerve just below the bra line just till that spot goes numb on your back will give temporary, short term relief if it comes back.

If you are on meds, be sure your doc checks your liver via blood tests. I also got that sort of pain when my liver enzymes were way off .

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
gina101 (06-28-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Intercostal neuralgia? Bone spurs in the thoracic region?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
(female)

fibrogurlie HB User

Hi there,

Just wanted to share my experience with you...seems like there's a variety of things that can be contributing to it from what others have posted...but I was having same exact issue several months ago. After telling my primary care dr month after month n no testing I saw a naturopath. He did tons of blood work tests (celiac, allergies, etc) and all came back fine except my one liver enzyme was sky high. I've been taking max amounts of NSAIDs for the last 6 years and they did a ct scan of my abdomen and saw that my liver was slightly inflamed. This can happen if you take heavy NSAIDs or drink heavily, which I don't so it has to be from the long term, heavy NSAIDs. But anyways, have your dr check your liver enzymes, I couldn't believe my dr of all these years didn't even do any type of blood work. Obviously it's time to see a new dr that understands fibro and at the same time doesn't think every symptom I have is due to fibro. I hope you are doing better but if the pain pops up again I'd definitely check into this and also the other tests others have recommended. Take care,
Fibrogurlie

Old 07-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
(female)

RavenSkies777 HB User

Could definitely be costochondritis. I have bouts with that from time to time and it feels exactly like you describe. Always best to talk with your doctor though, I did when I first experienced the pain. For me it's a combination of costochondritis and aggravated trigger points in my back.

Closed Thread