HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   4 days straight (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/907193-4-days-straight.html)

ponytaildave 06-28-2012 09:26 PM

4 days straight

it's been 4 days now w/ this pain in my neck and shoulder and spreading down into my arm, damn this f****** hurts no releif at all my ex wife had FM and I didn't understand too much about it then, she use to sleep in another bed because any movement would hurt her, I didn't really know but I never complained about that either. my girlfriend doesn't believe that I have FM she is too wrapped up in her own illness to even care, I know that she is dying but she only seems to think about herself anymore, now she sees me typing on here and wants to know who I'm talking to. why she seems to be so insucure ys beyond me I have taken care of her for the last 5 yrs I'm loosing respect for her very quickly. now I feel like I need to find someone else that can help me when I'm down

Rhaquel 06-29-2012 01:49 AM

Re: 4 days straight

Four days of a bad pain sux. I'm picturing/feeling the burn that would be there by now. Doesn,t help that you probably can't get in a walk to get the kinks out, and get a change of mind/body. How does that work for you guys when you have to run errands? Do you just kind of hurry thru the grocery shopping and errands? Feel for you Dave.

Was going to look for the private messaging feature, but it has been turned off. Wanted to give you my email, and it if it was on it might not help, bcause I'm a dunce about this stuff. Oh well, sometimes I still can't remember how to do things, even if I figure it out once.

Whynowthis 06-29-2012 04:26 AM

[QUOTE=ponytaildave;5008956]it's been 4 days now w/ this pain in my neck and shoulder and spreading down into my arm, damn this f****** hurts no releif at all my ex wife had FM and I didn't understand too much about it then, she use to sleep in another bed because any movement would hurt her, I didn't really know but I never complained about that either. my girlfriend doesn't believe that I have FM she is too wrapped up in her own illness to even care, I know that she is dying but she only seems to think about herself anymore, now she sees me typing on here and wants to know who I'm talking to. why she seems to be so insucure ys beyond me I have taken care of her for the last 5 yrs I'm loosing respect for her very quickly. now I feel like I need to find someone else that can help me when I'm down[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you did some serious damage to your neck such as herniated a cervical disc?? That much pain in those areas after injuring yourself is worrisome. You should probably go get checked out by the doctor!! You don't want to damage yourself even worse!! Take care and keep us posted!

bluelakelady 06-29-2012 08:30 AM

hey dave,
when the process of dying begins the human turns inward, to contemplate life, to rage at death, whatever they feel. don't take it personal. at the end one should not have to fake being okay to soothe others. it's their turn.
yes, how you feel is important but at this point nothing is really important to her except what she is going thru.
tell her you turned to us for support so you can do better by her in her last days. that you want to protect her from your junk and focus on her junk. i can hear your frustrations. no offense but most men are not great at nursing the dying. it's hard cause you can't fix it.
take slow deep breaths, focus on something that brings you peaceful joy, and let go.
soon you will be kicking yourself in the face for the feelings you have now. they are valid real feelings and not at all unusual for the situation. yet, one day you will look back and do the shoulda, woulda, coulda. you can beat yourself up for years with those, or you can accept that you are human and do the best you can to be patient now so you won't go thru it later. i know you hurt, inside and out. sending you a healing hug on the breezes of life.
get a chiro if your neck is not damaged. i love mine. it's probable stress and tension. look at your life my friend. not easy. mine does not focus on cracking things but on motion release and it works. i carry my stress in my neck and shoulders.
in loving peace to you both,
blue

Rhaquel 07-04-2012 11:38 PM

Hi dave, thinking about you at probably 11:30 pm on the 4th of July. How are those pains? neck and shoulder still messed up giving you hell?

Foxy Brown 07-05-2012 11:13 AM

I was just at the rheumy and I complained, complained, about the neck/back/shoulder/arm pain and the quack told me it was all muscles. When I'm home, I do take the tennis ball and self-message which really really helps. It's only when I'm at work that it's really bad. But you do have my sympathies.

Rhaquel 07-05-2012 12:02 PM

Other people have mentioned the thera-cane. Which I like, but don't have anymore. The tennis balls sounds a little softer, which would be good. Also cheap, I guess.