It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User
Carpel Tunnel & Tennis Elbow

Has anyone ever gpt these two at the same time, out of the blue. Killing me.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: Carpel Tunnel & Tennis Elbow

Feel for you - had them both but at separate times. My tennis elbow I sorted with one of those straps you can buy from a chemist that you wear 24/7 just under the elbow - have had it twice the second time I had to take antiinflammatories as well. My tennis elbow was firstly around 10 years ago - before fibro - firstly on my left side from carrying a laptop case (changed to a wheelie case and it gradually went) The second was from carrying too many shopping bags ( I usually take stuff back to the car regularly or have someone else with me - I didn't and paid the price that was about 18 months ago)
The carpal tunnel was as a result of a long distance bike ride 5 years ago - there was a surgeon on the ride and he said it would go 3 weeks from the day I finished the ride - and it did (it was from holding on too tight going down hills etc!)
Make sure you don't do anything to make either of them worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

Try a search online for "study abstract carpal tunnel vitamin B-6".
I did PT for the elbow. A slew of studies (The Lancet journal) say cortizone injections slow down tennis elbow recovery. It crystalizes and creates little tears.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
(male)

Gstien HB User

Thought I was the only one...
I've got both forearms that seem to be cramped up quite often, with no real way of relaxing the muscles. I went to an Ortho Dr and he thought at first it WAS tennis elbow. So I got a cortisone injection. That lasted 2 weeks and then everything came back. The fact it affected both arms really intrigued him, especially since I don't do any activity that would require both of them to do the same amount of work (sports being the number one culprit).
I'm still not sure what causes this, but I will tell you that I've found my ability to strain or pull muscles has increased since getting whatever I have. Either that, or it's my sensitivity to pain, as in a lowered threshold.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I have suffered from carpal tunnel for years and I worked in the food industry and thats what did it for me. I don't have tennis elbow but Ive messed up my ulnar nerve by hitting my elbow hard almost a year ago. I have carpal tunnel in both hands but it's alot worse in my right hand. It's constantly numb and can't use it most of the time.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I used to get tennis and golfers elbow often due to stresses on my arms at work, along with carpal tunnel. The best band I found and did try many, is one called Band-It. You can search for it. As for the CT braces do help that.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

I do find a lot of my fibro woes like to go bilateral. it makes me suspicious that your problem is fibro related, if you can't think of what you did to cause it.

Closed Thread