It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
(female)

eatjam HB User
Beds?

Hey all, I'm new here! I was dx with FM and CFS 14 years ago when I was 19.

I am in the market for a new bed. We have gone through....I don't know how many...I've lost count...trying to find one that works for me.

Do you have one you love?? Tell me about it! We spent $3,500 on a Select Comfort bed and ended up HATING it. I am seriously leaning towards an 100% natural latex bed. I don't want to do memory foam as I sleep realllllly warm and I am hypersensitive to smells and the gases they give off bother me.

So, tell me what bed you have, how long you've had it, and why you love it!

Thanks!
Amber

Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User
Re: Beds?

After two decades of trials, my Stearns and Foster is the bed of choice. Had one while married, and after moving out, I just got another. Look for sales at holidays. I can't remember the rules here about naming brands. I had always gotten mine from Macy's. The price is usually very competitive, and you can price it online. Last Labor Day sale, I discovered that Stearns and Foster's wants to role out next years model soon after Labor Day. There was even one of their reps at Macy's. price was so good. However I got a smaller competitor to promise to beat Macy's by $100.00 on a queen, and so he looked it up online and did just that. I play the game of leaving to go get the lowest price macy's offers, then I come back. (I do that car buying, too) I get the top of the line, the steel is stronger guage and more coils. Sick of having failures under my back. Be sure and turn your mattress regularly.

I don't get pillow top tho. I don't like to get stuck in one spot, or have all that padding pushing on sore spots.

Last edited by Rhaquel; 07-02-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
(female)

sedative ocean HB User

I love my snugly waterbed. I find the warmth really helps. A waterbed fits your body, easy to move in and totally supports you. No boney hard lumps as the bed supports the whole body. I am always in severe pain with any other kind of bed. I've had mine for 3o plus years, wouldn't change it for anything. I too also have fibro, oesteo arthritis, degenerative disc disorder. I sure do love my bed. Hope you find what works best for you. Peace.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
(male)

Gstien HB User

I have another brand (from yours) of selecting comfort. Same idea, better product. I've had it for over a year, and I've found my ability to sleep all night is better, resulting in less pain when and muscle twitching when I wake up. S&F is a great brand to shop for, and I agree you'd better catch one on sale, although if you paid over $3500 for your previous bed, maybe their price isn't so bad. The best thing you can do is just shop around in town, lay on a few mattresses and see what fits you best. Then get online and see who offers a better price, if you don't agree with the ones in town.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedative ocean View Post
I love my snugly waterbed. I find the warmth really helps. A waterbed fits your body, easy to move in and totally supports you. No boney hard lumps as the bed supports the whole body. I am always in severe pain with any other kind of bed. I've had mine for 3o plus years, wouldn't change it for anything. I too also have fibro, oesteo arthritis, degenerative disc disorder. I sure do love my bed. Hope you find what works best for you. Peace.

I used to LLLOOOVVVEEEE the water bed my parents bought when I was little, but now they said I cannot have one, and as this is their house too bad for me. Though I think they might let me get one if it would help with the pain. Can you put them on just any bed? Do they need some kind of box spring or something?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

I also have CFIDS/FM and have found good quality foam matresses to be the best for me. Tempurpedic is the biggest name, but if you learn the specs for density you can find high-end versions of other brands that are comparable, less expensive, and very comfortable.

M.

Closed Thread