It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

hatownley HB User
Fibro, RA, or maybe both?

I wanted to see if any of these symptoms are similar to fibro symptoms. Of course I've done research but I would rather hear it from actual diagnoses fibro sufferers. I would also like to hear your road to diagnoses and what made the determining factor.

-sacroillium joint pain and hypermobility for years, only within the past two years becoming extremely bad (includes lower back pain, pain radiating through buttocks, hips, inner thighs.) I receive injections every couple of months for this.
-shoulder pain, popping, and weakness
-elbow and forearm pain, wrist pain, finger joint and knuckle pain (sometimes knuckles and finger joints fill like they are dislocating)
-daily knee pain (one bad episode a year ago where both knees "went out" and received injections in both knees
-migraines
-eyelid twitching and general tremors
-sensitivity on scalp and tingling sensation on right side of scalp (occasional)
-naseau
-diagnosed with IBS and gastritis in March while having my gallbladder removed due to restricted ducts and polyps
-pain on joints when exposed to water in pool or in shower
-can sit for more than 10 min without back and knees locking up
-lost 20 lbs. since March
Was tested for RA and everything came back negetive other than an elevated WBC which has tested high during every blood study since 2010. Tried Lyrica with was a miracle drug for the referred pain (only left the actual join pain) for the first week and then had to discontinue because it started making me extremely sick. Appt. with rheumatologist on the 25th of this month and hoping he will find the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Fibro, RA, or maybe both?

hi and welcome,
when you see the rheumy ask for one test he won't test for. it's called sjogrens disease. a few of your symptoms warrant finding out.
have patience, it takes time to fine answers. sometimes a very long time. it's a long story but it took 16 years to find out i had sjogrens. never asked for the test before then.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 07-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

Hi, It is very confusing, this fibro, because it feels like it's the joints, but everything is just so interconnected. I'm with bluelake lady, there's no way to know without a test or two. I just did a lip biopsy for sjogrens, and it was negative, but it seems so much like it should be something rheumatological. I have weird stuff suddenly crop up and go away, too. The knee's suddenky gone out on me a few times for a while, and then it's ok again.

I have had the feeling that someone just rammed a crowbar through and through the knee, and I just scream. The rheumatologist sayed, yes, its fibro.

I had facet injections in my back, and also cortizone in to a muscle in my head for H/A's, but I realized that it seemed helpful the first time, and then each successive time I had a worse and worse result, until the last time, after the numbing med. put in at the end wore off, I felt like I had a knife in my back, for the longest. if not for my Flector patches, I would have gone to the er.

I researched cortizone, and found out it crystalizes and causes micro tears. Do a search for tennis elbow and cortizone, and you'll see it is counter productive. Did't know what they used in your injections. maybe it's something else, just want to make people aware.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hatownly, Have you had an MRI of your spine yet? Getting ESIs I'd hope so. After time those ESI injection can cause other issues if it is cortizone, like contributing to osteoarthritis. That alone was enough to stop me from getting them. Especially when it only gives you a couple months of semi relief at best, bad trade off in my book.

So many symptoms of FM overlap other diseases or disorders a ton of tests can't be avoided.

Closed Thread

Tags
fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis