It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Could use a little uplifting...

I was supposed to be heading back to my home town tonight with my fiance so we could go to a family reunion with his family. But...I've been in a yucky flare and don't think I could handle the total 16 hours of driving (there and back) along with the hiking and shopping they wanted to do. This was the first reunion I would have gone to with my future in-laws. I was so excited, and now I'm at home looking at a weekend home alone. Could use a bit of encouraging...
(((hugs)))
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Cerene
catkaru (07-06-2012), mom477 (07-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Could use a little uplifting...

hi,
you made a wise choice. better to wait till you are up to it and can be fun, have fun and not be a drag to yourself. you made the choice to put your future families fun ahead of your need to be there. that's an act of love. i am proud of you. now relax, take a warm bath and smile. you did good. no grumpy faces, no sad senses, just joy of love.
sure it's hard to be at home but think about it a bit more. you will see how wise and unselfish your choice is. i sure do!!
three hugs and peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 07-06-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

Thanks blue. I didn't look at it that way. All I could think about was how my fiance would be sad by himself (he told me that, but I told him to have fun anyways), how his mom would be upset I wasn't there (she was)...but it's true. I wouldn't be any fun and that would not be good for the group as a whole, especially when I'd be stuck at the cabin. If you were here I would give you a big hug!
wishing you a pain-free day
Cerene
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Hey there
I know how ya feel. My inlaw's are 7 hours away without stopping but with kids it's been upto 12 hours. I can make the trip once a year but end up so miserable. I always end up in a flare the whole time & puking many times. I do what I can. Missed a few outings with the family but they understood. Packing alone is so much work then driving, yuck!
Just make sure he knows to tell them that you aren't feeling well. They need to know you didn't make it because I that & not because you didn't want to.
Enjoy your weekend & the time alone! Cheer up so you feel better & can enjoy your time together when he gets back
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

16 hours is NOT do-able, for anything but a move. Maybe in an RV. This is a trip that should include an airplane. I'm sorry you are not there with him, but can you imagine how messed up you would be? A fine impression you'll make from a bed or doped up, lol.

Hugs to you. Find yourself some good distractions, and don't be miserable over this, please. Time to rent some movies at a Red Box vending machine, and have a ride to a park, for a walk in a special setting. Ask someone to join you. You are missing out, but it doesn't have to be a total loss. Make something positive out of a negative, for your own good. We don't need mental anguish on top of everything else. Take care Cerene.

Closed Thread