It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Update

Hi everyone, haven't been on much. Some of you may remember I almost had o put my 16 yr old dog to sleep a few weeks ago. Unfortunetly July 3rd his body was giving up on him & he we suffering so I had to have him put to sleep. I've cried several times but pretty much all alone. It's been easiest to keep my mind busy & not think about him. When I do it's just too much. But I've handle it well & no major flare. Just hard to believe he's gone. I had him Half my life & feel like I lost a part of me.
On the bright side, out 9 yr old dog is getting spoiled. He's been going places with us. I think he misses Shadow also.
Anyhow, I've been pushing myself & today I'm trying to rest. But we are going to visit the inlaw's for a few days. 7 hr drive there without stopping... I always end up in a major flare & sick when we go.
Anyhow, I wanted to Update you.
Anyone else wanna share what's been going on with you?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
waters04 (07-12-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
(male)

STICKBOYVA HB User
Re: Update

Hey Tori,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Some people don't realize how much a pet can become just like a family member. We lost our cat that we got when we got married, a few years ago. She was 19, and I took off work that day, and cried most of the day. It was right after my mother passed away, which made it harder.
I had gone two weeks without a flare-up, until yesterday. I haven't scheduled a appointment with a Rheumy yet, waiting until my wife is okay with, and maybe will go with me.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Take Care,
Stickboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I'm sorry about your mom & cat... That would be so hard! Just too much at one time
19 yrs is a very long life for a cat! You're probably like me & did every thing you could for her. I made the decision when Shadow was a puppy that I would do whatever was needed to take care of him no matter the cost, & that's what we did. Luckily they were well loved & lived long lives!
Sorry you're in a flare. Hopefully you have a good doc!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Hugs to you both. Hope you dont have too much of a flare up from the drive. Im here. Been going through tough stuff life is throwing at me and my body has been against me for months.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Tori, I'm so sorry to hear about your Shadow. He had a good life and family. My Shadow also had to be put down at the age of 16. It took me close to 2 years to stop crying when I thought of him, he was my boy.

I've been up to nothing much. The costo has decided to flare a little, but it's been worse so maybe I'll get away with a short bout. The FM is hanging out and letting me know it's there with leg spasms in the mornings, but not an all out flare so that's a good thing too. Funny we hurt a little and call it a good day.

Hope you have an easy drive, I know thats asking alot with all the kids.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi Farm, So sorry for your loss. I too had to put and old cat down at the ripe old age of 16. I had 2 dogs (one at a time) 1 for 19yrs from childhood through adult. He ran off to die at 19. My other lovey "Free" went until she was 16 yrs. They are def like family. I a good note my daughter who is 31 (lives with me) is having her labor induced on Monday night with my first grandaughter. This will be the 3rd grandchild born out of my home and the 3rd who's cord I get to cut. LOL can't cut the cord from my own kids, but have no problem cutting thier kids cords :0)! I have been back to work after 6 weeks of disability since the 19th of June and have been averaging a bad flare a week.
And so it goes this roller coaster of life. I hope you all get a few good days soon!!
Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarm View Post
Hi everyone, haven't been on much. Some of you may remember I almost had o put my 16 yr old dog to sleep a few weeks ago. Unfortunetly July 3rd his body was giving up on him & he we suffering so I had to have him put to sleep. I've cried several times but pretty much all alone. It's been easiest to keep my mind busy & not think about him. When I do it's just too much. But I've handle it well & no major flare. Just hard to believe he's gone. I had him Half my life & feel like I lost a part of me.
On the bright side, out 9 yr old dog is getting spoiled. He's been going places with us. I think he misses Shadow also.
Anyhow, I've been pushing myself & today I'm trying to rest. But we are going to visit the inlaw's for a few days. 7 hr drive there without stopping... I always end up in a major flare & sick when we go.
Anyhow, I wanted to Update you.
Anyone else wanna share what's been going on with you?

i'm so sorry for your loss. i have a 15 y/o maltese also named Shadoe. He's almost blind and I haven't lost him yet but I worry about it every day. Just take one day at a time. Some people don't understand who don't have pets...but pets are family. Mine are like my children.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You
I can't imagine thinking about him & not crying inside. I have to fight the tears each time. Hard to be grateful for all the extra years with him when I miss him so much already. But it'll pass... Good memories will eventually come when I think about him.

I'm so worn out. Been over doin it way to much. Hard to get out of bed this morning & all I've heard is hubby griping about not leaving the house soon enough. My best is just never enough. So sick of it... Wish he'd just appriciate all that I've done. We have been working on our garden, working on the rental house that our renters destroyed (fire & water damage, broken windows, 3 broken doors, 2 7x9 garage doors, graffiti, ect). Then to top it off, preparing for the trip. Hurt, exhausted & so nauseous.... & we are only 1 hr from home. Sorry, it's been a crappy morning...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cat, I'm sorry for your loss also. We never forget them. It's amazing you were able to keep one alive for 19 yrs! That's a long life & takes a lot of love to keep them going so long!
Congratulations on the new grand baby! I bet you are looking forward to being able to put pink dressed on her! I loved dressing my daughter up when she was small. She's been dressing like a boy since she was 4 though... Luckily my step daughter loves girl stuff! Loves dresses & everything. What's her name going to be? I bett you are sooo excited!
Cat, I just don't know how you are working! You are just amazing! I stress over doin bills or paperwork. My memory is shot & I'm so grumpy when I do much... I'm sorry you are in a flare. I hope you are proud of your accomplishments! You really should be

Waters- I have been so happy to see so many people who have kept their fur kids for so long! I've seen so many dogs that were abandoned when they got old...
Shadow had allergies all his life. Never thought he'd live to be 12. He went on steroids when he was 11. His hip muscles shank when he was 7. He had cataract for many years & couldn't see very well. But he got along fine He was also completely deaf the last couple years. It's amazing what they can make it through. He has you to care for him & he does the rest
I plan on getting a Maltese in a couple years. It'll be awhile before I'm ready. I figure I'll look for one in a shelter. They are beautiful dogs!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread