It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Ramblings, thought I'd toss this out here

Maybe Reading this in print and getting outside opinions will help me be sure this is the right decision. I'm leaning to it is the right thing for me.

So I've been giving lots of thought to stopping cymbalta. I do believe it is helping the FM and maybe even my back. The question is how much?? I'll never know that unless I stop. But the thought comes to mind as well that just like when you're on cymbalta or other drugs for depression or whatever that if you feel fine don't stop...the drug is doing it's job.

I'm not sold that how I feel pain wise is solely due to the cymbalta. Could be a nice plateau in the FM. Muscle pain has been light, spasms are still there. So are the tingles and creepy crawlies and costo.

Side affects I'm almost sure are from the cymbalta ... headaches, insane sweating, ringing in my ears, increased fatigue, loss of some strength. Also I think it's done something to my personality and has turned me more introverted and has caused me to be more obsessed with certain issues (none which are a danger to me)

So I have decided yes, it's time for me to attempt to stop Cymbalta. But timing is everything and I think that the mid to late fall is the right time to attempt this. I don't want to ruin the rest of my summer or my husbands.
He's behind me in what ever I decide and when I do it.

SO, if you read this far I thank you. Any opinions, good, bad or in the middle are welcome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Ramblings, thought I'd toss this out here

hi name sis,
sounds like the side affects are not worth any relief you may be getting. after summer is a good idea, tho you could discuss a replacement med for the rest of summer and see how that goes. then titer down from that. unless it works great, giggle.
if it were my body i would ask for a change of meds, something you can switch over to easily if there is such a thing. giggle. i have no idea.
sending you all better energy.
peace,
blue

Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

RavenSkies777 HB User

I agree with the previous post. If the side effects are worse than the relief you are getting from the drug perhaps it's time to wean yourself off and try something new. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband by your side They make such a difference! Perhaps talk with your doctor about a new drug to try & what to do if you wish to go off this one during the summer. All the best to you!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Good morning sis! I'm thinking no on the change. I'll stick with my nightly tramadol and flexeril. Kind of tired of meds that screw with my brain any more than those 2 unless I have no choice. So far lyrica is a big no and i kind of wonder if anything in that family would react the same. Savella causes the sweats worse than cymbalta from what I understand...I'm so tired of sweating like a wet rag. I'm good at finding reasons why not to 'eh.

Raven, yes having a supporting husband does make a world of difference. He's been way more patient with me than I am of myself.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi sis,
you know your body best. i've never taken any of them so what do i know?? giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Those side effects could be cymbalta. I take cymbalta and had what you are experiencing before I started the med. So who knows as each person is different. I would definately wean off under doctor supervision.

How nice you are getting a break from fibro for now.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi mom477, I most definitely will talk about this with my dr before I even attempt this.
I also had a couple of the things listed too before, like the fatigue. But I feel and have since taking cymbalta a difference in the intensity and how fast and hard it hits. I think it's adding to it.

Another side affect I forgot is slight dizzy spells.
thanks

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I hope you will weine slowly & w/ doctors help! I know you've seen me complain about cymbolta many times but withdraws are such a nightmare. But cymbolta was one of those that made the fatigue worst... Like we really need that...
I never felt like the Cymbolta, Nuerontin, ect worked but when you are off them you can definitely tell. But I've thought about going off Savella since I rely on tramadol, IB Profren & flexeril for pain.
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tori, I will definitely talk to my doc first. Going off cymbalta alone would be crazy after everything I've read. You do the same if you want to go off Savella.
We both are in a good place at the moment as far as FM is concerned. Are we both nuts for wanting off our drugs that may be part of the reason we are feeling like we are?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi name sis.
i often quit meds to see how i am doing for real. i think it's important from time to time to get your system clean and see what you really feel like. got a daughter here so more later.
hugs and peace,
blue

Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Lol we probly are nuts! It's just so tempting since we take so many it's nice to lower the count... But you're right. I've been taking my pain meds regularly & that's made such a difference I was tempted to stop savella. But I hurt so much, like right now, & waiting for pain meds to kick in. So peob be so much worst without savella...
No matter what, it all sux huh...
I worry about you on Cymbolta... Wish they didn't sell that stuff... But I did good on it, just going off it is bad... It's a big decision to go of that...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread