It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

timberleigh HB User
Smile fibromyalgia Pain in the Bottom of Both My Feet

Hi: I am new to the forum and I am looking for answers. I have been dignosed with RSD, Neropathy and now Fibromyalgia. I have had major pain when I first sprain my ankle, the pain spread to both the bottoms of my feet. I have been under a large amount of stress and have had physical tramua. I have had 3 good weeks out of a year without pain. Now, all of a sudden I am back where I started from, burning foot pain and sore joints and muscles. Trying to find an answer. I have been to pain management and had spinal block done with no sucess, on heavy medication, percocets. Nerontin, cymbalta, amitriptlyn and Lyrica. Any anwers I am so tired of this.
does fibro. come and go.??? does it have pattern or trigger points. ???

thank you for any information. have a good day.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: timberleigh
lehcar (08-09-2012), ponytaildave (07-17-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: fibromyalgia Pain in the Bottom of Both My Feet

hi and welcome,
oh my yes it comes and goes. windows of feeling mostly normal to awesome then flare ups of fibro that lay you out sometimes. it is not predictiable so you learn to plan ahead with an out if you need it. giggle. always have an out.
relax, take deep breaths and begin the process of adapting to this new you. i've been at it for years and it does get easier as you learn your limits and how much you will have to pay for play time. you learn to design your time by what you have to do and what you can do on any given day.
you will learn to live with pain being an aspect of your daily life. those windows are heaven and we all love getting a day, a week, heck any bit of time free of it. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Fibro pain can come and go or stick around for a while. I have a friend with neuropaty and it's severe. he takes real high doses of neurotin and it still does not get rid of all of it. The pain in your feet, is it FM or the neuropathy??

From what I understand narcotic pain killers don't do much for FM pain, I have not tried anything stronger than tramadol and that just takes the edge off for the severe pains. Mostly I use topical creams and vitamins/minerals for some relief. OH, Hi and welcome.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
ponytaildave (07-17-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Fibro symptoms do come and go, much like autoimmune conditions. I assume you have been checked for lupus and other autoimmune disorders? They often cause neuropathy, and should be checked out with blood tests combined with history of symptoms. It sounds like you have a lot of pain being treated symptomatically. If inflamation is an issue with you, an antiinflammatory may work wonders. Also, the neuropathy can be caused by B12, folate deficiency, under active thyroid, diabetes, alcohol, so I would also make sure all those items have been checked as to cause. It is very hard adjusting to unpredictable good and bad days, with chronic pain. I hope you have a good support system, and someone to talk with, like a therapist, who can help guide you in ways to make life easier and better.

The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
ponytaildave (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
(male)

ponytaildave HB User

hello there, yes I have to agree that FM pain comes and goes so far I have had pain in my hands, arms, shoulders, neck, back, hips, legs, knees, and feet, with headaches and ringing or buzzing in ears or head non stop the pain is just random and its like I have restless legs now constantly moving them, most of this pain is un-bareable

Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

The balls of my feet just ache at times. It is quite painful and i believe it's another symptom of fibro. At least for me it seems to be. So many body parts ache at different times, so I figure this is just another one of those parts. I have had a bunch of tests done as well and they all come up fine, my rheumy says fibro too, so I am sticking with that.

Hope you get some relief soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmrots For This Useful Post:
ponytaildave (07-19-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

fluttersby HB Userfluttersby HB User

I haven't been posting much over here but I've had fibro for many years and recently have received a tentative diagnosis for RSD also in my left leg following a slip and fall accident. I can't negate the fibro for one moment but the pain of the RSD has completely taken my mind off of the fibro symptoms (but also it's summer and I don't have alot of fibro problems in the summer).

One thing I know for sure having fibromyalgia and then also pretty sure of having RSD that I will never discount ANYONE's pain. I'm not sure whether having had fibro made me more susceptible to getting the CRPS/RSD following an injury (there is some research I think going on about that very thought or about how the two could be intertwined somehow).

Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I don't know why I didn't mention this the first time I replied, but are you sure it's the FM causing you foot pain. I say that because I also thought it was the FM causing me foot pain that was sharp, kind of pulling and burning . My rheumy said nope, go see a foot Dr. He was right, saw a foot Dr and was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in both feet

Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Where the foot pain is is important. Overall pain bottom and top can be from neuropathy, ball of foot pain from rheumatoid arthritis, big toe or instep pain from gout, bottom of heel from plantar fascitis, stress fractures occur in feet but would be one foot only, flat feet can hurt. Since there are so many causes of foot pain, I would be careful not to assume it is from fibro, as that is an unusual manifestation of fibro. An xray can help diagnose RA, (along with blood tests) and plantar fascitis (a heel spur is usually present.) I would see a podiatrist, orthopedist or neurologist, for a specific diagnosis and treatment.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
wookwoman (09-04-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
(female)

fibrofemme HB User

I get the foot pain, mostly the bottom of my feet and mostly in the mornings, though I have it right now in the afternoon. It doesn't always last long but it does make a return whenever it pleases. Like a lot of fibro pain, it moves around, sometimes it's on top of my feet, sometimes its one foot and not the other, and then it switches, in the morning its both. I have not been to a podiatrist, it hasn't gotten to that point for me and I have an incredible aversion to doctors after so many years of dealing with them. If it's as bad as you describe you should probably see a podiatrist. Keep your chin up. ff

Last edited by fibrofemme; 07-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
bottom of heel from plantar fascitis,
I had no heel pain with my plantar fascitis in either foot, most all the pain was centered at the very inner of my arch. Orthotics help wonders for me. Just wish they could be worn in my sandals for the summer.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

Foot pain is my biggest problem with fibro. I have been to all kinds of doctors for it including foot dr. All of them agree that it is from the fibro. My symptoms are aching and burning especially at night, kind of a tugging in my feet so I am constantly flexing them when I lie down. When I first stand up on them it is excruciating!!!! The only thing that helps is to soak them in cold water, and wrap them with tape, even when sleeping. you can google the proper way to wrap your feet (not with ace bandages, with tape like a dancer). I do agree that you should see a foot dr.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
(male)

guitargal HB Userguitargal HB User

hi welcome..have you been checked for lyme? many fibro diagnoses are actually lime..
that me i really think it is lyme not fibro.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberleigh View Post
Hi: I am new to the forum and I am looking for answers. I have been dignosed with RSD, Neropathy and now Fibromyalgia. I have had major pain when I first sprain my ankle, the pain spread to both the bottoms of my feet. I have been under a large amount of stress and have had physical tramua. I have had 3 good weeks out of a year without pain. Now, all of a sudden I am back where I started from, burning foot pain and sore joints and muscles. Trying to find an answer. I have been to pain management and had spinal block done with no sucess, on heavy medication, percocets. Nerontin, cymbalta, amitriptlyn and Lyrica. Any anwers I am so tired of this.
does fibro. come and go.??? does it have pattern or trigger points. ???

thank you for any information. have a good day.
The fibro can come and go in some people. Mine has been constant since 2004. I also was diagnosed with neuropathy just recently and from everything I read neuropathy can't be cured but only treated. And from what I've been through with it, I can't get full relief from the medications yet. I hope you can find a drug combo that will help you get relief...and if you do share with me..lol gentle hugs to you...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I wanted to say that I am having a major flare-up resulting in my feet being so sore. The balls of both feet hurt like crazy. (not to mention hands, wrists, hips, etc.....) It is so uncomfortable. I understand just how you feel.

Closed Thread