It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

Bapmuc HB User
Trying to get iff Savella!!

Hello everyone, I have another question. I started Savella for my fibromyalgia months prior to being diagnosed with open angle glaucoma. You cannot take Savella with this type of glaucoma. So for a few weeks now I've been weaning myself off if it. I know there are side effects to getting off any drug. I've been on 200mgs. daily for 4 months. Does anyone have experience with getting of this drug? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you so much! :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Trying to get iff Savella!!

I have no experience with that, but will in the near future with cymbalta. I'd suggest you talk to your Dr and see what advice you can get there. From what I understand most of these type drugs the weaning process is slow. I hope it all goes well for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

Bapmuc HB User

Thank you, I'll do that...may I ask why you're getting off Cymbalta? I was going to ask my doctor for thst next....what problems are you having? I'm not so sure I want to start it now!!
Thank you....

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I just made a post about why I want to quit cymbalta..look for the ramblings post. it should be near the top because I just replied to it. It does work for the pain but guess I'm tired of the side affects. Theses drugs act differently on all of us, do lots of homework , get opinions, read about the side affects , withdrawl etc..and you'll be able to make an educated decision.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
(female)

Bapmuc HB User

Thank you, I'll do that...may I ask why you're getting off Cymbalta? I was going to ask my doctor for thst next....what problems are you having? I'm not so sure I want to start it now!!
Thank you....

Closed Thread