It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

Azuquita HB User
Cool Dealing with Fibro Pain

Hi everyone. I'm a Newbie. I was diagnosed in 1999. Been on disability since 2003. The judge allowed my disability for Fibromyalgia but mostly because I was "getting older" (I was 53 at the time) and I also had arthritis and back issues. I still consider it a "win" for those with Fibro.

I have gone through all the PM doctors in town. The one I'm going to now still doesn't understand my needs, but due to insurance constraints I have no other doctors I can go to. Florida is trying to crack down on the "drug addicts" out there and it has become very difficult to get the pain meds I need. I am taking Percocet 10/325mg. and I have continually told my doctor what she is prescribing isn't enough. I was taking the meds as needed. (I also have some other pain conditions I'm dealing with.) After my last appt. I told the nurse that I didn't know what to do for my pain. She told me to instead of taking the medicine as needed every 8-12 hrs., to cut the pills in half and take them regularly every four hours. This has made such a difference having a continuous amount in my body. I am able to get more done and it has helped with my other pains also. I also told my doctor that since she is my pain doctor, she should be treating all my pain issues, not just my Fibro. she should be consulting with the other doctors about my other conditions. She is having a hard time with this.

I also take Savella 50mg. twice a day, Nuerontin 600mg in am and afternoon, 1200 at night. I can't take Baclofen or Lyrica. I can't seem to get my insurance to authorize the muscle relaxants I need and my PM doctor "doesn't do" Prior Authorizations.

I also had breast cancer and I have Interstitial Cystitis, Pelvic Floor Pain Dysfunction, Irritable Bowel, possibly Lichen Sclerosis, Sickle Cell Trait, and some other conditions.

I'm learning alot from everyone and I empathize with many of you. I hope I have helped with what I've said. If I can be of further help with any of you who have any of my conditions, let me know.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Azuquita
Foxy Brown (07-17-2012), janewhite1 (07-16-2012), mom477 (07-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Dealing with Fibro Pain

welcome to the board!
glad you found us. bravo for getting sound advise on how to take your meds. makes a big difference when you take less more often. looks like you have quite a bit on your plate to deal with. seems like we all do, giggle. such is life.
you will like it here. we are a good group of kind caring people. no meanies here. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Azuquita (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
(female)

Azuquita HB User

I want to say to JaneWhite1 - Thanks for the hug. Also to BlueLakesLady, thank you so much for making me welcomed. Continue to keep me in your thoughts. I had a biopsy today to find out if I have Lichen Sclerosus. Would you believe they had to take a piece of skin from around my rectum. I'm really starting to feel the pain. Won't be able to stay sitting for to much longer. This is another one of the pain issues I'm coping with. I'll find out the results in about two weeks. Remember the movie with Bob Murphy called "Baby Steps". I guess that's all we can do, take those little steps forward.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

life is a series of baby steps just like the movie. i think of it often. so funny you mentioned it. i will add your bum to my morning meditations of healing love. methinks the universe shall laugh with me as i ask this one. giggle.
no stress waiting on that test. you put it on the back burner of your mind and let it simmer till you know. fibro loves us to be stressed. eats it like candy, and, like a small child, pukes all over us. only with pain instead of candy bits.
tender spot, the bum. can you use tucks for the discomfort?
peace,
blue

Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
(female)

Azuquita HB User

To BlueLake Lady, Good idea about the Tucks. I haven't thought of those in a long time. I was told to use Neosporin for the specific area and the 2%Hydrocortisone for the rest. The ARNP I saw said she doesn't agree with using wipes, but maybe the Tucks would be OK.

Well, onward we go with our "baby steps". (Smile)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

hi,
when my son was born they had to cut my vagina to open it so he could get out. 122 stiches and those tucks were heaven! now i am older and have hemoroids, they help that too. soothing. how's your bum this morning? keeping your stools soft to liquid so it will not hurt to come out? the things we talk about on here! giggle.
healing cool breezes and a giggle if it does not hurt.
peace,
blue

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
(female)

Azuquita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi,
when my son was born they had to cut my vagina to open it so he could get out. 122 stiches and those tucks were heaven! now i am older and have hemoroids, they help that too. soothing. how's your bum this morning? keeping your stools soft to liquid so it will not hurt to come out? the things we talk about on here! giggle.
healing cool breezes and a giggle if it does not hurt.
peace,
blue
Hi, I really appreciate you responding to my posts. Wow! 122 stitches "down there" (smile) is something i can't even imagine!. I'm doing much better with the healing. For me loose bowels irritate my sensitive tissue. It hasn't been easy. I have to virtually wash myself completely every time I go to the bathroom. I get the results of the biopsy on 8/6. In the meantime, my back has gone out on me. Something else to cope with. I've been icing and heating my back and it helps for s short while. I recently had injections, which helped quite a bit, but didn't last as long as I would have hoped. Here in Florida, it is very humid, and the weather is making my Fibro act up. Taking the Percocet every four hours has helped, though at times I've had to double up. The urinary/vaginal/rectal problems just adds to the situation. This is why I so appreciate you writing me. I feel that I have some support, which I don't have much. THANK YOU!!

Closed Thread