It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

loriann08 HB User
Unhappy Fibromyalgia

Does anybody else experience this ? Saturday my husband and I went around to garage sales, out to eat, to the store, then home. Probably out for 4hrs that day. Now today is monday and ever since we got home saturday from all the running around I have been soooo exhausted. I just have no energy and im so darn tired. I have one good day and pay for it for 3-5days all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
(female)

loriann08 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia

Also I hurt all over. Have a hard time walking,feels like im walking on nails.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

oh yeah all the time.....I'm just waiting on the good day to come around again .

Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

Can totally relate to your post, get a day were I feel normal, do normal things and really pay for it afterwards.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
(female)

loriann08 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenda View Post
Can totally relate to your post, get a day were I feel normal, do normal things and really pay for it afterwards.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
(female)

loriann08 HB User

Yes, it is almost scarry when you have a good day you have to learn your limits i guess. I can walk around at walmart and come evening i will be in so much pain that i get on my couch and watch tv and then i can barley get back up because i hurt so bad. Then I have to take a vicotin for releif.Gets depressing thats for sure.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Yup but mines in phases. Doesn't take much to kick your own butt. But lately I'm in one of my good phases where I've been busy & doing really well. Even long car rides. Now I'm paying. Not so much fatigue as pain. I've been taking my pain meds to keep going & caught up with me. But not bad concidering I don't have the migrain like headache or puking. Nauseous though but can't complain
Do you go through phases like this?
My fibro has only gotten worst & worst the last few yrs. this is the bet I've been in longer than I can remember.
But over doing it can take days or weeks to recover at all. Gotta let your battery slowely recharge. Using it before its fully charged will drain it all over again. Know what I mean?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Last edited by thefarm; 07-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I feel the same way, did alot of physical work today and am in so much pain tonight, it most likely will last a few days. I never learn. I always overdo when feeling good. I look at it this way, at least there are still days when I can do that. Yes, the recovery is getting longer and the pain is worse, but at least there are brighter days in between.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

It's so easy to use yourself up on good days. I'm also guilty of over doing when that window opens, at times it's so worth it just to be able to do what a normal person would.
It's the heavy physical stuff that I have learned to and want to control and not over do. That's what really sends things out of control.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
(male)

Gstien HB User

I've got this too.
On the weekend I'll cut the front and back yard, takes 1hr, then I take a solid slept 3hr nap. Power naps of 20min at a time, twice a day as well.
You learn over time to plan things when you know the energy "might" be there. For me it could be morning, so I plan most of my physical stuff then, and realize by 1pm or so I'm toast and can't do much more.
The muscle pain is there too. What's odd is that I have a delay in the pain, such as hours later, but not immediately after hard work. Sometimes I attribute it to dehydration because it's easy to sweat, especially when it's so darn hot out lately!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi all,
we have to choose the things we are willing to pay for and just do it. don't waste precious energy on things that you don't really want to do. it's the nature of the beasty to take it's due after we are done having fun in the sun.
when i fall out after doing something fun or that i wanted to do i feel better about being down cause i had fun or got it done.
peace,
bue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
loriann08 (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
(female)

loriann08 HB User

Yes, i have the delay of pain also. On a day i feel ok and go do things i notice i dont feel pain right then, but about 1-2hours later i feel horribe and can hardly walk. Take a pain pill and the couch is my best friend for the rest of the day and sometimes up to 5days later, soooo depressing.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
(female)

loriann08 HB User

too#7-The farm-I have more bad days then good days anymore.I will feel ok in the morning, but after that i feel alot of pain. Yes i do get headaches but i never vomitt.I dont know if its because of all the humidity we are having and it is so darn hot here in Ohio, but i do have my central air on constantly. I do take neurotin at bedtime and some other meds, but i might get outside 1out of 7 days and thats it. Im only51 andi get so depressed at times feeling this bad,when i use to be very active and worked till i dropped.There are days i wake up hurting that i just stay in bed. Take Care.

Closed Thread