It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
(male)

SAM94 HB User
Question Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It seems all my DR. wants to do is give me pain meds, effexor (300mg) and muscle relaxers to help me sleep. It doesn't seem to help. My primary care dr. doesn't agree with the diagnoses the Remtoligist dr. has given me. I have pain all over that feels like stabbing and other times its burning. I work on computers for a living and it is getting harder and harder to type and do my work due to the pain. My hands and feet are always swollen. I have tried physical therapy. Seemed to be a waste of time and money. I'm so tired of feeling awful and hurting. I don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Hi and welcome to the board. I would go back to your rheumatologist and explain how the meds your doc is prescribing are not helping. I would be more inclined to go by what my rhuematologist says rather than my doc. I too tried PT and did not find it useful. Gentle swiimming and gentle walking are far more helpful to me. Have you tried using heat pads and ice packs?, I find both of these good for different things.

A lot of this is trial and error what suits one person may not necessarily help another.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread