It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Did you hear that noise?

BAM that was the window slamming closed. It seems my wonderful long open window decided it was time to let me know that flares do happen in the summer. Back to real life of FM, sore neck, crashing fatigue, small spasms starting in my back(grab the ice pack), a bit of nausea, random pain wandering about my body , bla bla bla bla bla....

back to your regulary sceduled day...thanks for letting me whine a bit

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
fibrofemme (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

fibrofemme HB User
Re: Did you hear that noise?

I SO get it! I used to think the fibro was a seasonal thing. But everyone asks me how I am and they presume I should be doing good since the weather is better. I tell them I thought that was it too but I'm doing terrible and the more I think about it the more I remember missing alot of summer activities (Fourth of July block parties, swim parties, etc.) over the years. They think so because just before it rains I peak in pain. Treat yourself kind during this time. ff

The following user gives a hug of support to fibrofemme:
WoodsWalker (07-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrofemme For This Useful Post:
WoodsWalker (07-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Thanks for the words fibrofemme. Also welcome to the board. I've been babying myself all week and trying to not stress over it. With any luck it'll be a short flare like the last one, but I get the feeling this one means business. At least I have a good stock of dremu oil and flexeril standing by.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi name sis,
what a bummer! you had a good long run tho. time to pay the piper, darn it! sending you energy from friend redwood tree and myself. i have a bit to spare for you. giggle. love the way you express yourself. bam is right. funny how gently the window opens and how rudely the darn thing closes.
welcome fibrofemme. that would be cool if it was seasonal. giggle. in summer i get tanned and i think that's why i look like i feel better. i look better. my family and friends know there are no rules to this one and are very accomodating no matter how i feel.
hope you both feel better soon and it's a short fall.
peace,
blue

Old 07-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi sis, yes it was a nice long run. I take what I can get and the fibro gods were good to me for a long while this time. I thank you and redwood tree, the energy will be used for the good. I have a parte' to attend tonight so energy will be well accepted. I'll save it for then.

The spasms are dancing all around my front and back rib cage today. Maybe I'll forgo the pain pills and muscle relaxers tonight and go for some red wine

Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi sis,
are you sure wine is such a good idea during a flare? forego your meds? is there no middle ground you can choose? wine sucks the oxygen out of fibro tissue and can leave one very weak. please be careful with you.
for sure use that energy for a parte' girl. i am going to kick back with one of my daughters today. she's coming to me. maybe go hang out at the lake and catch some rays and float.
do your deep breathing and forget the bra today if you wear one. keep it loose.
peace,
blue

Old 07-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, common sense took over and I was a good girl and passed up on any wine for the night. It was still a fun night and I slept in this morning, woke with a little less pain. Going to lay low and see if we can shake this flare off before it gets to deep into week 2.

Sis, hope you enjoyed your visit and the soft rays of warm sunshine.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

glad you chose a wise path sis. jess and i took a nap. had a chat in the sun and then both of us felt so sleepy i said nap time and out we went for 3 hours. giggle. easy visit for sure. giggle.
sleeping in, what's that? i have a vague memory of the term rattling about in my brain but nothing i can see and say oh, yea. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Woodswalker! I am glad the wine was stayed away from it contains potassium which may aggravate muscle spasms by tightening the muscles! It is not healthy for the liver or brain anyway. Peace sjb

Closed Thread