It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

Valkyrie2012 HB User
Fibromyalgia in Remission

Hi, I was just wondering if going into remission is a common thing? I have been in remission since I got pregnant with my son, who is now 8, and I have so much pain now it's hard to describe. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

fibrofemme HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia in Remission

Wow! Yes, my fibro went into remission when I became pregnant. It was so wonderful to feel like I used to feel years ago. Albiet, I had the regular pregnant symptoms of being tired but it was a very different tired and I had none of the other symptoms. I felt so great I was saddened at the idea of my baby leaving me, which she came out a month too soon and so did the remission. I wanted to become pregnant again soon after, but due to other issues did not and I never had another child. Sorry to say I have not had a noticible remission since and my daughter is 11 years old now. But I wondered if anyone else had this happen to them too. I vaguely recall one other person telling me of the same thing happening to them.

Last edited by fibrofemme; 07-25-2012 at 12:51 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to fibrofemme For This Useful Post:
Valkyrie2012 (07-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

Valkyrie2012 HB User

Thank you so much! As weird as this might sound I am glad that others have had similar experiences, althought I am deeply sorry they are in pain again. I wonder now if my pain came back because menopause might be setting in?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
(female)

fibrofemme HB User

Well...I'm officially done (post-menopause) and I haven't have a break since I gave birth. Yes, I also find peace in hearing similar experiences...thank goodness for these technological connections.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

According to my massage therapist, pregnant women produce a special hormone that relaxes muscles and connective tissue. It's intended to let the belly expand rapidly without tearing anything, but for some women with fibro, it can help the pain a lot.

If God grants me a child, we'll see what happens with my muscles!

Closed Thread