It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
(female)

Artistinneed HB User
Unhappy Trying to cope

Hi there.

Ok so I got my diagnosis. It is indeed Fibro. Am also getting tested for the Anklosing Spondalitis and waiting to hear back about that.

Unfortunately I've been really struggling lately. My parents are supporting me financially at the moment while I figure out my finances, but they wont pay for my therapy anymore. I have borderline personality disorder and without therapy I am in REALLY bad shape. The rheumatologist told me I have a bit of a special case because my mental illness is preventing the medications from working and until I tackle those issues I wont be able to reduce the pain and suffering. The only thing that remotely helps is cannabis which I can no longer afford ($). I've been doing mindful meditation which helps too, but not enough.

I have been having insomnia, and chronic yeast infections (yet another thing making sure I stay alone forever *le sigh*). I have tried to cure them but they keep coming back I think I need to go off of my birth control pill. I'm hoping that will help.

I'm so depressed. I can barely take care of myself. I can either cook (sorta) or clean (sorta) but I can never manage to do both. I live alone and I have very little support. Even on my low pain days I have a hard time managing daily tasks because my memory has become severely effected.

I don't know what to do about any of this..I just want to give up

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Artistinneed
Angeliaire (07-25-2012), ladybud (07-25-2012), WoodsWalker (07-26-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

racergirl HB User
Re: Trying to cope

Just dropping in to give a cyber hug. Having a really bad day day here myself, so I know how you are feeling. Can't think clearly enough to say much more, but hang in there and do NOT give up.

The following user gives a hug of support to racergirl:
Artistinneed (07-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It is hard to deal with pain and feeling unwell all alone. I would try to find a fibro support group in your area. At least you will be able to connect with people who understand what you are experiencing, and you'll make new friends, learn from them about healthy ways to cope. Giving up is never the answer, but it does take energy to pursue helping yourself. Try to pace yourself and do your research during the part of the day you are most energetic.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
(female)

algozo HB User

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I recently read a book that for me was amazing and an eye-opener. It's called "Why do I still have thyroid symptoms? When my lab tests are normal". I've had various health issues and understand the pains and challenges with fibromyalgia. My symptoms have changed through the years, but as I read this book which goes over many other health issues besides thyroid and fibromyalgia. Finally for the first time in my life I think I'm going in the right direction. I've seen the book online from anywhere between $11-15. It may be a good read and give you some ideas. Hope you feel better!

Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Artistinneed, we all want to give up from time to time. Try not to let the frustrations get to you. Try probiotics for an extended time for your yeast infection, your balance may be off causing you problems. Each time you take any antibiotics it'll throw you off unless you take probiotics. Ladybud has a good idea in finding a support group. I was even thinking about that for myself.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
(female)

Artistinneed HB User

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better after my mindfulness course tonight. My teacher is very compassionate and understanding. She told me to give myself a little break. As for the rest I think once I go off birth control that will help keep the yeast from coming back, I think the hormones are affecting me because I keep forgetting to take it at the right time and everything. I think I just need to stop being hard on myself and trying to meet the expectations of my parents when they really don't understand my situation. I need to take things at my own pace.

Closed Thread