It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

shanny964 HB User
New to the fibromyalgia board

Hello, I am new to the fibromyalgia board. I experience the following symptoms daily:
Swollen hands upon awakening with severe stiffness all over my body, hard to move, gets better over an hour or so.
Severe upper back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain, wrist pain.
I use biofreeze all day through work. I take Viatamin D, E, Omega 3, B12. I take daily baths with pure peppermint oil which helps for a couple of hours. I have tried a variety of medications, chiroprator, heating pads, ice packs. I am not sure what to try anymore. I wish the pain would just lessen so i do not feel like ive been hit by a truck...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: New to the fibromyalgia board

I've had some luck with a gentle Pilates class, just to loosen up the back. I also love and adore my massage therapist. (Chiropractor I found not so useful.)

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
shanny964 (07-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

HI, I was diagnosed in 2000. I use epson salts in my hot baths, like that a lot. Also, Lidoderm patches (prescriiption) are wonderful topical lidocaine patches that take the edge off. You can wear several at a time. Love those.

One other things I recently stopped using any artificial sweetners and my wrist and hand pain went away. (gained a few though).

Hope this helps cj

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
shanny964 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hi shanny, welcome to the board. Sorry you have the pleasure of joining us. But you came to a good place without a shortage of info. There's lots of reading for sure. A combo of vitamins , herbal , and prescriptions seem to help and we're all different so some experimentation and knowing how your body responds to things help figure it all out.

Sounds like you're in a flare, relax the best you can.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
shanny964 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi shanny,
welcome to the board. i bathe in biofreeze all day too! giggle. i gave up on finding a way to be without pain and chose instead to find a way to adapt to it, minimize when i can and relax or be tough during the rough days. depends on if i need my body or not.
i find weekly full body massage helps keep me loose, well as loose as i get, giggle. i have many doctors and they all agree massage is a wise path for me. i won't take the meds for fibro. i do take a small mountain of suppliments every day. i don't eat well.
i did find a sublingual b-12 i take mid day. a little boost to get thru the afternoon. tastes like raspberries.
i quit eating meats and that also helped. i stick to spring water only, no tap water. i have a hot tub and 15 min's in the morning opens my joints and muscles up.
i prefer yoga and i love my chiro. tried accupuncture. if all i had was fibro it would have worked but i have other stuff too and it did not like the experience.
have a tns unit and do my own therapy at home. tho they did tell me hooking it to my head and toes would not stop all body pain, giggle. hey, worth a try!
may your heart sing as you take this journey on for a happy heart finds joy in all that comes, even pain.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
shanny964 (07-28-2012)
Closed Thread