HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Bruises (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/911647-bruises.html)

annie193 07-27-2012 01:00 PM

Bruises

Does anyone else get big unexplained deep bruising that just shows up on them. So far I think the worst had just been on my legs. These are big purple bruises. Is this part of my Fibro. or something else too?

mom477 07-27-2012 08:58 PM

Re: Bruises

Someone else brought this up awhile ago and I never thought of it but now I wonder. I have always bruised easily my whole life and no reason for it. Legs bruise easily more than arms. I get asked all the time where bruises come from and they can look really nasty from black to purple to blue.

janewhite1 07-28-2012 03:28 PM

Deep, widespread bruising could be a sign of a bleeding disorder. Or, some people just have skin that shows bruises easily.

A complete blood count might find the cause. Certainly if you haven't had any blood work recently, it might be a good idea.

mom477 07-29-2012 07:34 AM

My blood tests have come back fine when I have had full blood count drawn.

Cerene 07-30-2012 12:40 PM

I get that all the time! I wake up with a bunch of bruises on my legs, with no idea how they got there. I've had a bunch of blood work done, and my only issue is that I get a little anemic during my period. I also have a redhead complexion, so that could be it :P

fromptok 09-07-2012 04:10 AM

Yes, I also get bruises on legs and arms for no reason. Also, someone can barely hit me and I'll end up with a bruise. My daughter, when she was young, use to pinch me all the time and I'd end up with bruises all over me. All bloodwork always come back good so, I'm assuming this has got to be fibro related.

desertlady42 09-07-2012 05:47 AM

I get a lot of bruising too and my bloodwork is fine. I seem to get bruises in areas where I have pain and itching....sides of my knees and elbows. I think my bruises may be from scratching but not sure, I get a lot of swelling in these areas too. I do bruise easily all over though.

Brookietrip 09-07-2012 11:16 AM

I stared my pain in June since then I bruise very very easily on my legs... Several complete blood counts done everything normal.. I have mystery bruises all over my legs now :( my mom has fibro and her legs bruise awful!

mom477 09-07-2012 06:21 PM

Hmmm I wonder if they are related. I've bruised easily ever since I was in grade school. I get asked if someone beat me. Thats how bad it can look sometimes. Ive had a bruise on my belly and back with no explaining

bluelakelady 09-08-2012 07:57 AM

please check side affects of any meds you take. many meds thin the blood. also some people have thin skin, like me, and the capalaries are just under the surface. i can see them.
peace,
blue

mom477 09-08-2012 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=bluelakelady;5052303]please check side affects of any meds you take. many meds thin the blood. also some people have thin skin, like me, and the capalaries are just under the surface. i can see them.
peace,
blue[/QUOTE]

Not in my case atleast...