It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
(male)

Moad HB User
Mid Back and Rib Pain.....

Hi all, I am new here but unfortunately am not new to these problems. I know most of you know where I am coming from when I say that.
The problem that I am having at the moment is pain in the mid back on the right hand side traveling around my ribs under my are to where the ribs attach a the front. It's just a dull ache in the back and under the arm with the occasional sharper pinching like pain to the right of the middle chest area, basically at the tip of the rib join. It started about 19th of May this year and is still with me driving me crazy. k guess the anxiety is not helping and I have had this before but you all know how it gets. I guess I am writing this just to compare notes with others who may have had this similar thing and to make sure there is something on the board about it if a newbie gets on here looking for this same thing, at least they will know they are not alone. Glad I'm not a big drinking man because I fear today the bourbon bottle would get a good work out!! Pain, you gotta love it.......or do ya??. lol So, if any others have had this same sort of pain I would love to hear from you and also see how long it has lasted with you. My last one lasted four months. Oh yeah, I also get some nausea with this at time. Have a great day all, or at least try.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Mid Back and Rib Pain.....

Sounds like costchondritis, but to be sure you might go to your Dr to have your liver checked. An enlarged liver can cause some of those same symptoms, along with probably a million other things. Try icing along your spine just below the bottom of your shoulder blades just till it gets numb. That may give you temporary relief

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
Moad (08-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
(male)

Moad HB User
Re: Mid Back and Rib Pain.....

Thanks WoodsWalker........I have been icing it but it's still giving me a run for my money. The soreness is more in my middle back, not so much in the shoulder blade area although I am getting kneck pain with it. I appreciate your input, have a great day.

Closed Thread