It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Had Sleep Study & have questions..

Hi everyone, been awhile..,
This time of year is the easiest for me. Come the end of August or Early September it doesn't take much for me to over do it then I get those Fibro Headaches & Often Vomiting. So... I've taken advantage of not puking & been getting important stuff done. Like the $7000 in damages or renters made... Ugh
I wouldn't be Moving though if it weren't for Tramadol. My new Rhum has me taking it regularly & it's helped me manage the pain do much better! I hate it takes 2 hrs to do anything but any least it works... Then I take a muscle relaxer in between the tramadol & it has helped so much also!
Unfortunetly Mornings are of course absolutely painful & meds only make the pain tolerable.
So, I did a sleep steady Monday evening. I didn't take my last dose of Tramadol because by the time we eat it was after 5 pm & I didn't want it to keep me awake during the steady.
Usually I take a muscle relaxer & fall asleep & as far as I know I sleep through the night.
Well, it took alittle longer to fall asleep for the study. But I kept waking during the night. I was restless & hurt. I'd wake up & try to move to get comfortable. I'm not sure why it was such a rough night other than I don't like sleeping in other places & I hurt.
So now my question is, with me being restless during the study is it going to mess it up? I want to find out exactly what's goin on & I'm afraid that my results won't be as accurate. Are they able to tell you are in pain during the study? I rarely show it anyways...
I really thought I'd get a normal night of sleep & they could accurately pin point whats going on.
I've been diagnosed with CFS & Derealization along with the fibro. I agree I have fibro but wander if the derealization & Chronic Fatigue Syndrom are caused by a sleep disorder... Had these issues for almost 14 yrs & would be thrilled to feel alive again..
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Had Sleep Study & have questions..

hi tori,
you did perfect. they expect you to sleep differently. it's what the brain does when you are sleeping that they are looking at, not how often you wake up, but more why you wake up. i had one done years ago and only slept a total of 45 minutes. it was enough for them to diagnose me. glad you got it done. trippy experience, yes?
time for me to trot out and water the gardens. let me know what the doc says at your after appt.
peace,
blue

Old 08-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You Blue
I knew you had one done so was hoping you'd reply! You have restless leg syndrome don't you?
Yeah I was looking forward to a night of quiet time (no kids lol) but sucked. Hopefully I'll find out some info soon. He said it could take upto a couple weeks...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi tori,
yes i have rls too. tho it is not that bad anymore. did it's ten year thing on me and then just slowly eased away. i remember it took 2 weeks for the results of the study. the best thing i found for rls is sleeping without the covers tucked in at the bottom of the bed and no heavy blankets. egor, yes egor, was my sleep buddy and he told me that. doc said, good idea.
no, it's not a good nights rest, giggle. you are too cute!! funny girl.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread