It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User
Introduction

Good moring`
My name is Marie and in a nutshell ; I'm a mess. Most recently having been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and degenerative arthritis in both my knees,but my left one seems to be degenerating much faster. Anda possible torn rotator cuff . Anyway, I thought I was going crazy and being lazy for years......along with my family! Hearing a legitimate diagnosis FINALLY was like angels coming down from heaven singing ~~~~Alleluia! They are also testing, again, for rheumatoid arthritis as I have many of the syptoms.
I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know many io you. But you will have excuse me now please, as i took my morning meds and did my morning icing and cant keep my eyes open. Ill finish my list of ailments and come back later! Hopefully wide awake and in less pain! Also, I am here to find support and give support. I have an unshakable faith! besides my own health issues, we have had the 2 years from Hell. Its REALLY TAKEN A toll on my health. Talk about that another time! I have 5 kids ages 17-26, my 85 year old mentally and physically challenged uncle living with us, 4 cats and my (most of the time) wonderful husband. Have a eonderful day.

Very nice meeting you all, I hope you all feel well today!

Peace,

Marie

Other medical and structural problems

I just had acdf surgery in March, they saved 2 discs and i lost 2. Im still in alot of pain from that surgery as they did some reconstructing while in there to try and correct cervical lordosis.So they left me with 2titanium plates, 6 screws and a bunch of metal coated wire. I have arthritis in my right foot. I also have hypertension, diabetes, high cholesteroladic reflux/GERD. psoriasis. im overwight and going through menopause. So you will see me a lot on the boards. Bye~

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Irishree
dw1961 (08-06-2012), lehcar (08-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Introduction

hi marie,
that has to be the cutest intro i have read and i've been here years. love your sense of humor already! welcome to the boards. we are a good lot and are never mean to each other. we support each other with love and respect.
the 2 year old from hades. crack me up. i remember those things. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
Irishree (08-06-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hi! welcome aboard, blue is right you'll like us here (what's not to like)
I think many will relate about 2 yrs of hell... blue that's not a 2 yr old.. if Marie has a 2 yr old with the other ages of her kids she truly is crazy lol..

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

Hi Irishree,
I just got through 2 days worth of some of my history. That's not even the tip of the iceburg, but the most important. From what I've read through the posts over the last few weeks everyone here is very nice and was why I decided to join myself. Look forward to seeing your posts

Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

Welcome!!! Everyone one here can relate to EVERYTHING you are going through. You have come to the right place for support and information.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

Thank you all! First, Woodswalker, you are correct...2 years from hell. Ill talk about that a little....lost my dad who lived with me a lot, like shared custody between me and my bro. Speaking of dear little bro he completely scammed me out of my half of dads house and my half of the life insurance...long story but i never pursued anythin glegal although i could have. It wont make or break me but the little bit of money it would have been would have helped a lot. I also lost a few very good young friends ( young being my age 48, all alcohol and drug related ..i dont drink except the rarely occasional bloody mary or a cold beer at an occasion, and drugs, well only what the docs have me on and thats way too much as it is). I have a 24 year old daughter thats a recovering heroin addict but in July 2010 it was in full bloom, for a year she lived on the streets and showed up in July 2011 deathly ill and ended up in isolation in the hospital for 6 weeks and I never left her side, she came home in September and went to rehad until November and has been off and on since...mostly good, no heroin but some other drugs once in a while...it sucks to deal with. In the mean time with all of this my husband and my then 18 year old son and 20 year old daughter wer in an accident on their way to work, rear ended. All of them wer out of work...we are still trying to play catch up from that financially but we have already resolved ourselves to the fact that we are probably going to lose it, but we have our youngest child graduationg next June and we are trying to hold out until then. Also in this time we have lost a dear aunt who was my husbands aunt but as close to me as my mother was to me when she was alive. Then both of our family dogs passed. I was in the hospital 3 times, twice in the stroke ward because of my hypertension which i kept telling them was due to the pain in my neck, back, foot, and shoulder. Ive had ongoing numbness in my hands and intermittent hand pain has been an ongoing problem since July 2011. They finally did an MRI January 20, 2012, after i got relased from the hospital from my January 6th anxiety attack and they lept me on the stroke floor an entire week and tested EVERYTHING..every possible organ that can give you hypertension and everything was fine, the entire time I was proclaiming stress and pain as the culprits. Finally the MRI showed sever cervical lordosis above c4 and the discs between c4 and c7 compressing my spinal cord, they scheduled me for surgery and I had that March 12. I have since been dx'd , as i said above, with fibromyalgia and they have been doing blood test and xrays to see if I have rheumatoid arthritis. I should know everything by the end of the month. But the fibro flare up is much more intense than i realized and i have felt this way before and think i may have had this for a while.

Now in all this gloom and doom...I swear to God..from here on out youwill hear all positive from me. I have a wonderful family..my youngest daughter just moved to Ireland to go to Univeristy and got a beautiful apartment right on the beach there. My husband got a great job as a school teacher just when our plumbing and heating business was taking a physical toll on his body and the economy was taking a financial toll on our livlihood. We have a beautiful home, I have lost 70 pounds without one bit of exercise since January 6th because i am sick and tired of being sick and tired and i am so anxious to have my restrictions lifted from the surgery so I can excercise. Im still using a walker and a shower chair...my right leg still drags sometimes like it did pre surgery...the fusion is not taking as well or as fast as they had hoped but it is working and I am diabetic so slow was expected. I have a good life...everyone knows me for my faith, positive attitude and sense of humor , so forgive me for the negative blast on my intial 2 posts. I dealt with all of that and know what will be will be! i smell the roses, look at the stars, watch the sunrise and set ...I enjoy life. I NEVER say why me but am wondering when this particular spell of "bad luck" is going to come to an end. I guess in God's time it will!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
okay so i can't read. sorry. 2 years in hades, i get it now. especially after reading the last note. deepest empathy and loving support for your child. may she never return to that drug.
as i read your words i see you already have the most important tool for dealing with fibro. the ability to look beyond all that is going on and see the true beauty of life no matter what happens. fibro hates happy. it shrivels before joy. it suffocates at the sound of laughter.
peace,
blue
ps. thanks sis for setting me straight. queen dorkette day. what can i say?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Holy cow, you have been through a lot, no wonder your body is reacting to it all!
Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope that even doing that helped you a bit. I would like to give you a warm welcome to our ( not so little) group. Here is a place to ask questions, complain and just talk without judgement. I wish you peace today.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
(female)

Thank you so much! I feel so relieved to find support!! You ladies are angels

~ Ree~
~Fibromyalgia
~ degenerative arthritis
~cervical lordosis via fx of c2, c3
~acdf c4, 5
~ stiffness and joint pain in both hands and feet
~ back pain
~ diabetes
~ hypertension

Old 08-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Oh geeze, you've been through the wringer. Your survival attitude has gone far and helped you survive all that and coming out still with a great will, unbeaten.. bravo for you

Closed Thread