It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Mood Swings! Fibro or Meds?

Growing up I was always laid back, never stressed or angry. But I take an anxiety med now, generic Wellbutrin. I've been known to have mood swings from time to time. I notice it is normally when my husband makes me mad or hurts my feeling which is usually relate to me never feeling well, always hurt, exhausted, I'm no fun, ect. Lately I notice it's when I push myself to hard, over do it, ect. I just get sooo moody! But I hurt so bad these days & take my tramadol, IB Profren & flexeril so I don't hurt so much. But because I control the pain I always do more than I should. It's to the point now where the fatigue is too much, I can't sleep well because I hurt. Or like last night I was so sick feeling from pain I was throwing up & again this morning. Luckily my husbn has the day off so I could lay in bed till 10... I never do that! But here I am again, took my meds & planning to take my kids to swim t my parents house.. I don't want my issues to ruin stuff like that for our kids. We already missed a birthday party today..
Anyhow, yesterday after weeding in te garden I picked up my bil's & neighbor boys garbage. Came in the house to messes my kids made... I was so mad, just lost it. Went & soaked in the bath for a long time.
I just hate my mood swings & don't like myself because of them.
Is it because I hurt & over do it or is it my meds? I also take Savella...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
lehcar (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User
Re: Mood Swings! Fibro or Meds?

thefarm,

I'm not sure if your meds are involved for I am on different meds, but I know combo meds can sometime affect a person. Did you notice the change in your mood swings before or after starting Wellbutrin? Wellbutrin never really worked for me years ago, but that was before my FM pain had started. Hope you can play around with your meds to see what may be causing it. FM can cause mood swings just from the pain alone. So that may be the cause also. With FM anything goes...You just have to be ready...lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

amonte HB User

Betcha it's the Savella. Check with your doctor

Old 08-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
(female)

dw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB User

Seems Tori that you are to hard om yourself and trying to meet others expectation of you. It's probably easier for me to tell you this but start being good to Tori she is really a deserving person. Only you know what makes you feel better and what will shorten your fuse. For me it's when I've done too much to prove it too myself I can but it's usually after having to take too many pain pills just to be able to. My RX says four times daily put I don't like to go over two a day.
I hope I've said something to help you.. Not sure about the meds u take.
Debbie

Debbie

Closed Thread