It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
major fog

So, I have been pretty much out of work, filling in for some odd jobs here and there and really really need the money. I just can't seem to focus at all. I am all over the place. I think of what I want to do, make lists, etc, but when the day comes I walk around in a daze. I just cant complete a task. I feel tired from not sleeping. (between aches.pains and hot flashes) and I know what I need to do, but just dont' have the desire. It's so frustrating.

Just let me know if you guys feel this way.....if you can remember to! (gotta laugh, right?)

The following user gives a hug of support to tmrots:
lehcar (08-07-2012)
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User
Re: major fog

Sounds familiar! I try and keep track of what makes it worse. Sometimes its a hot shower. Sometimes if I ran a lot of errands. hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User
Wink Re: major fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrots View Post
So, I have been pretty much out of work, filling in for some odd jobs here and there and really really need the money. I just can't seem to focus at all. I am all over the place. I think of what I want to do, make lists, etc, but when the day comes I walk around in a daze. I just cant complete a task. I feel tired from not sleeping. (between aches.pains and hot flashes) and I know what I need to do, but just dont' have the desire. It's so frustrating.

Just let me know if you guys feel this way.....if you can remember to! (gotta laugh, right?)
Hi! I'm Ree, I'm new and just recently diagnosed with this and i do feel the same way. Im so scared because I am a realtor, and have been out of work since November due to other physical problems ( you can read it in the book i wrote for my introduction lol) anyway. Im scared because IF i go back, which i really do not think I am , if i forget something crucial i can get in a lot of trouble and there is so much to remember. I mean its not hard being a Realtor, but no one ever said it was easy either. Anyway..you are not alone and I too need money so much, but am still out of work on docs orders so still have a lot of time to think about it. I hope things get better for you!

~ Ree

Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

move over tm, i'm going to sit by you for this one. in the fog too. part fibrofog and part ptsd trigger the other day. between the two i am a ghost walking in the dark. giggle. lost my laughter for a few days but it's back now and that always makes it easier. i am so grateful no one needs me to think or function, not even me.
i hope you and ree are able to find the end of the tunnel of fog and get at least the income aspect of your lives in a safe zone. breath slowly and deeply. it does help with remembering.
peace,
blue

Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

I too am cursed with this symptom...brain fog...I can't remember half the things I say or do or need to do for that matter. I found it handy to write in a small notebook whether I've taken my many meds for the day. If I had any new symptoms the Doc may want to know about...etc...It seems to help a little...Maybe with all the Brain fog ppl out there the Post it Notes company won't go out of business!...lololol

Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

TM, I hear ya on the fog, been fighting that myself. If you're in the middle of menopause, that also will likely add to the fog..just what you need 'eh.

I have found writing things down only goes so far, you have to remember to read what you wrote. I found a neat little post it note program for the computer that will leave stickeys on your desktop screen and even pop up to remind you. Also I email myself reminders thru calendars on line

Closed Thread