It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User
Good Evening All!

Hello. so today started out rough but I pushed myself...big mistake. I woke at 6 which is late, pain usually wakes me between 3 - 4 but i took an extra muscle relaxer because i still felt edgy for some reason. Well woke at 6 and my youngest son, Ryan, asked me to go with him to watch a tournament baseball game, a big deal for him to ask me to do anything with him anymore...hes 17 and at the age where mom;s not so cool, ya know....lol But he knows I know all the kids on the team and they were playing in the Eastern Regional against Massachussetts( we're in New Jersey) which is a big deal. I coached some of these kids in T-Ball on Ryans team...where does the time go??? Anyway, I dont walk well right now and hubby went to work with my walker in his car so I had to walk really slow, then i sat on the hard bleachers in the blazing sun...by the 3rd inning one of my friends who was there helped me up and down the bleacher steps and got me a chair in the shade and she sat with me and ultimately brought me home early. I was so sick, i cannot even explain it, the heat and hard seats and being out so early was tough. I was pale, clammy, shaky and nauseous and everything hurt. It was horrible. I came home and took my meds and fell asleep for 2 hours and felt so much better when i woke up. There is so much stuff wrong right now and i am not sure if it is the Fibro, the surgical recovery or the meds or all of the above....most likely the latter but it's going to be so long until we figure it all out. So thats my day today. I hope you all had a good day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: Good Evening All!

I'm sorry you were in so much pain. Just the heat can take a toll on anyone and plus you were already not feeling well. I get the same way in the heat, though I haven't had surgery. I haven't been on the boards in a while, but what was the surgery for if I might ask? I too wake up early in the morning in pain. I usually force myself to eat a slice of toast so I can take my medicine (get sick on an empty stomach)

I'm sure your son was glad you were there even for a little while. And congratulations on him making regionals. And I do hope you're feeling a little better now. *hug* Try to take it easy and relax if you can.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi ree,
for future trips to see your son have a pillow to sit on and an umbrella. bravo on making it to the seats without your walker! that's a big deal. i keep a pillow in a cute shopping bag so i can sling it over my shoulder and of course my purple ducky umbrella. i also keep lawn blankets in my car. i have many grandkids who do sports so being prepared for surprise outings takes all the pressure off.
what a blessing to have a friend there who chose to see you and help. when my two oldest grand daughters graduated high school i saw part of one and missed the other.
bravo to your son and his team. glad you were there to see some of it. even a little bit counts to a kid. delighted he wanted you there. i remember well that stage with my kids. giggle.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 08-07-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: redundantcy

Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

Sorry ree you had such a hard time today. I know your son was glad you were able to go even if only for a little while. I know my oldest son doesn't care too much for having to drive me everywhere right now. I hope he sees it as a learning experience. Since he is learning to drive. I kinda think deep down he loves the thrill of just being able to get behind the wheel even though mom has to go too...lol. Have a great restful night and gentle hugs.

Closed Thread