It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Flying and Fibro, Plus Bipolar and the NP

I went to visit my mom in another state and I had to fly there, and my goodness the pain aftewards was terrible. I mean sitting in a cramped 17" seat shoved up against other people and not being able to move. While I don't want to relive this experience, does anyone else have trouble with flying? And if so, what can I do about it. I wanted to bring my hot pack with me, but the TSA"s don't allow it because it's a large gel like pack. I'm still suffering days afterwaqrds and I'm taking my max amount of pain meds which do seem to help.

ANd I had a complete scare with the NP at my rheumy's office before I left. She refilled my meds but wanted to change me to something for fibro like cymbalta or savella or even lyrica. But I have bipolar and I cannot take aANY antidepresants or even Neurontin. The dr knows this, that's why he put me on the med I'm on. However I don't want to appear drug seeking, but I told the dr once he could call my psych dr and talk to him if he wanted but I was to stay away from those meds. And the new med has been helping so I'm really reluctant tos witch. Last time I ended up on an anti-depresant I ended up in the hospital manic as heck. Anyone else with BP and fibro?

Old 08-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Flying and Fibro, Plus Bipolar and the NP

I'm not bipolar... but I already know that I can NOT mess around with anti-depressants. I had bad reactions to three in a row and it was so long ago that I can't remember which ones they were, but I wouldn't trust anything else after that. One made me super-incredibly anxious, one did nothing at all and just had frustrating side-effects, and the last one got rid of the depression all right - by making me so manic it's a wonder I didn't end up in the hospital. So taking anti-depressants for fibromyalgia or anything else is OUT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread