It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

NAUDE HB User
Question Pain

My legs got this burning pain asswell as my hips i cant sleep and sometimes my legs just say stop no more warking what can i do dr just say they dont now

Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

NAUDE HB User
Re: Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUDE View Post
My legs got this burning pain asswell as my hips i cant sleep and sometimes my legs just say stop no more warking what can i do dr just say they dont now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

hi, sorry you have this pain. have the docs keep looking for answers. If not maybe it's time for a new dr

Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I agree. What kind of dr are you seeing. I think Rhumetologists are the best for Fibro.
Not long ago, maybe couple months ago max, I was at the point where Fibro was running my life because of the pain & fatigue. My new Rhum has me taking my tramadol twice daily (I take IB Profren with it) & I take a muscle relaxer between doses & at night. Along with Salvella & Wellbutrin for anxiety. This has worked great for me! I have spent too much time trying to not take many meds, now that I am I feel like I am living alittle more. I'm not saying to go pop a bunch of meds. I just hope you can see a Rhum that can help you find a way to control this.
My muscle relaxer helps me with pain & puts me to sleep at night. Maybe you should see about a prescription for it. I take Flexeril & love it!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi I agree w/ the Rheumy idea and wanted to ask if you were taking any nerve pain meds (burning indicates nerve pain) like lyrica, neurontin, topomax, etc. I take Topomax and it works great, however be sure to go up on it slowly, start off at 25 mg to avoid side affects. btw, one of the side affects is weight loss, lots of folks like that part. My Pain Management dr. told me it helps with all over body pain too (plus migraines). Good luck! cj

Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

Naude,
Find you a Neurologist. That burning pain may be neuropathy especially if it's in your feet, legs, or hands. I also have this in my feet and legs and am being treated with Lyrica. We still haven't found the correct dosage but I feel it is helping a little. Most of all don't give up. If one Doc can't help you move on to another until you find one that will. Good luck and look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
(female)

NAUDE HB User

Hi there im been taking alott of meds but nothing control the pain if been on differnt pain meds but there is nothing that control it and its busy taking over my life what i well can say i was under a lott of stress and a big shock what started all of this please can someone out there help me

Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi you said you've pain on a lot of pain meds but have you tried the nerve meds we mentioned? I really want to help you but want to understand more of what you have tried. Is the burning all the way down your legs? Have you ever had back problems? Also try hot epson salt baths. I wanted to mention too I was having terrible burning pain and joint pain in my hands and someone recommended I stop ALL artificial sweetners and w/i a couple of weeks it went away. Some how it can cause some sort of neuropathy for us. I hope you feel better soon, cj

Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi naude,
welcome. the strongest pain killer you have is your brain. how you treat yourself when you hurt. do you do deep breathing to restore the co2 to your tissues? we tend not to breath properly when in pain.
there is no magic pill for fibro. please stop looking for one. it's such a waste of energy. i have had this for almost 2 decades. been to every kind of doctor and for me the bottom line is adapt to it and learn to live with it. get my attitude working for me not against me. pain can make your brain think all sorts of things. mostly it screams make it stop! well, we can't really do that so for me i chose to adapt, learn to live within the pain and not be angry or afraid of it.
i meditate, do yoga or light exercise every day, eat no animals, drink clean water, lots of fresh veggies and suppliments since i don't eat very much. i chose to see my health as a test of my inner strength. so far i am stronger than i ever imagined.
i wish i could tell you there is a magic pill but there is not. it's up to all of us to share information and try to find what works best for our bodies.
i do have a hot tub and it helps during winter. i take short walks 20 to 30 times a day. in a way taking care of your balance of health becomes your lifes work. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
(female)

NAUDE HB User

Thanks to all for the reply i really dont now what im going to do living with this pain are not a joke i will keep on hoping that something will take this pain away.to those asked about the pain,its feels like something is eating into the bone and it burns alott thanks

Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
(male)

guitargal HB Userguitargal HB User

do you have shrap stabbing pain in your joints and bones?

Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

What meds are you taking? What have you tried?? If you aren't getting answers from current doc then go find a different doc. Go until you find one that listens to you.

Closed Thread