It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
ball of feet, are hurting soooo bad

I guess I am in a flare. My arms burn when I even put on a watch or bracelet, but, my feet are on fire. The ball of my feet hurt do bad that when I was out last night with my hubby, I took my shoes off and walked barefoot for several blocks to even get relief. I know that sounds odd, but it was better than shoes or sandals. I am at my wits end. I did go to an orthopedic a few months ago who did x-rays, and he says I should get fitted for something for my shoes, but, my insurance won't cover it and it is hundreds of dollars. ( which I simply can not do right now). I am those little pads from the drug store, but they dont help much and in the summer, you can't put them on with sandals.

Anyway, I am just complainin' thanks for listening.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: ball of feet, are hurting soooo bad

Have you looked into those Dr.Scholl's custom orthotics? They're supposed to be less expensive and they have a "fitting machine" you step on? I don't know how much they cost, but they sell them at Walmart so I assume they're not too much. Sorry your feet are hurting. I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I couldn't even wear my kitten heels to a nice dinner. I picked up my up from work and had to walk barefoot in the hospital offices. (Definetely don't reccomend that, very unsaintary lol) But I couldn't walk!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

I don't know what to do about the sandals. I ended up buying a pair that had a cushion in them. They're definetely the best I have. Try and stay away from sandals with no support like flip-flops. Those KILL my feet.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I hardly ever wear sandals any more, unless I'm, say, going to a public pool, and even then I just wear them for the shortest possible distance.

I bought a pair of very light sneakers (intended for the near-barefoot runners crowd) and padded them with some inserts.

I picked out the inserts by going to a specialized shoe store with a pedorthist. They weren't as cheap as the drug-store stuff, but they weren't nearly as expensive as the custom ones. And they are so comfy!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I guess I have to bite the bullet and buy those. I am just a bit vain, I love all the cute little sandals that are out and have a bunch. I was at a good shoe store yesterday and the ones with built in orthodicts are really expensive and not that nice looking. They are quite casual too, which is fine for most things, but you can go to work in them. It's just so frustrating. I can't seem to spend 100 on shoes either. That's a really big investment, I mean if the are comfy that's fine, but you really dont know till you have them on for a while.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrots View Post
I guess I am in a flare. My arms burn when I even put on a watch or bracelet, but, my feet are on fire. The ball of my feet hurt do bad that when I was out last night with my hubby, I took my shoes off and walked barefoot for several blocks to even get relief. I know that sounds odd, but it was better than shoes or sandals. I am at my wits end. I did go to an orthopedic a few months ago who did x-rays, and he says I should get fitted for something for my shoes, but, my insurance won't cover it and it is hundreds of dollars. ( which I simply can not do right now). I am those little pads from the drug store, but they dont help much and in the summer, you can't put them on with sandals.

Anyway, I am just complainin' thanks for listening.
There are times the bottom of my feet and my toes hurt & burn so much I sit with an ice pack-I also put a joint rub on my feet and sleep with socks on. I am in a flare right now as well & hurt everywhere-my tongue is even sore and really feels the pain from anything spicey or too hot.

Closed Thread