It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Curious question, Mono anyone?

I was having a conversation about Mono/EBV the other day and it left me wondering if most FM sufferers have had Mono in their past health history.
It left me wondering if FM had anything in relation to having mono at one time.

I was one of the more unusual cases and had mono more than once.

SO, have you had mono in your health history?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Curious question, Mono anyone?

hi sis,
nope. and i really tried to get it too. giggle. had a friend down with it and she/we wanted me to get sick so we could be home together. i never got it!!! never had measles, mumps or chicken pox either.
absolutely no help at all am i? giggle.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi WW, I have never had mono either. I have read or heard about the EBV thing and fibro though. Can't remember what it was or when or where it was......giggle....I'm no help.

I did have measles and chicken pox though.

Glojer

Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
(female)

tanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB User

So funny you should ask this as I was wondering this myself ! My symptoms of Fibro started right after I had Mono reactivated in my system in March. I originally had Mono at 13 years old. In March of this year though, I had several illnesses and 2 sinus surgeries in a 6 week timespan. The doctor thinks my immune system was so low at that time that it allowed the mono to reactivate in my system. My Fibro symptoms started right after.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
(female)

desertlady42 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsWalker View Post
I was having a conversation about Mono/EBV the other day and it left me wondering if most FM sufferers have had Mono in their past health history.
It left me wondering if FM had anything in relation to having mono at one time.

I was one of the more unusual cases and had mono more than once.

SO, have you had mono in your health history?

I have just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and I did have mono when I was in my early twenties, I am 42 now. I was sick for months with it. I don't think I started to feel normal again for a year.
Not sure if there is a connection as others don't have a history of it but I have always wondered about that.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Thanks for the replies, I have no idea if there is a connection or not. But it did make me go hmmm. I started to wonder how many of us with FM did have it in our past.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I had it when I was about 15, lasted about a week. My issues kicked in when I was 18, and I knew I was pregnant before any test said so because I was so exhausted all of a sudden, been that way since. Fibro pain set in after my last pregnancy in 2009. I always wondered if mine was hormone related. But maybe it's immune system related... Makes you wonder huh
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
(female)

cinlu2 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Curious question, Mono anyone?

Yes, mono in my teens and then mono flare ups. Didn't think you could get mono again but looked it up and you can get flare ups. The mono is from the Epstein Barr virus. This virus causes all sorts of things, like MS, even cancer. I looked into Fibromyalgia and they don't say yes, but they don't say no either.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I never had mono

Closed Thread