It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

jessicapac HB User
Fibromyalgia and migratory joint pain

I have had migratory joint pain for 4 weeks. It started in my knee, and has traveled from joint to joint. It gets so bad that I cannot climb stairs by the end of the night without difficulty. I have difficulty writing due to the hand and wrist pain. I am stiff and sore in the joints in the mornings, it gets better during the day and then the pain is severe in the evenings. I have had blood tests for Lupus, Rhematoid arthritis, lymes and parvo and they have been all negative.

I also have chronic neck, back and hip pain. This has been going on for a long time now, over a year. I just live with the pain. I am tired throughout the day. I cannot sleep at night.

I was wondering if all of this could be due to fibromyalgia?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia and migratory joint pain

I don't think so. Fibromyalgia causes widespread pain, but more muscular rather than in the joints. Sometimes early in the course of a rheumatic condition, the blood tests are negative. I would look for other other evidence of, for example, lupus, such as low white blood cell count, low lymphocytes, high sed rate or CRP, and consider getting the new test for lupus, Avise-SLE, which is more sensitive than the ANA. Also, be sure your ANA was truly negative, not borderline positive, which can be significant when coupled with symptoms.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
jessicapac (08-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have fibro - but not arthritis - sometimes I have joint pain too - in my thumbs more than anywhere - at least it feels like it's in my joints. It's referred pain and travels down nerve endings - so the source of the pain could be in my thighs for example but the way the nerves work I can feel it in many other places including my thumb joints - weird!!!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Sometimes fibro pain can be felt in the joints, or it could be something else. Here's what I suggest: Take all your test results to a good rheumatologist. He's the best equipped to rule out all types of inflammatory arthritis and determine whether it might be fibro.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Mine affects my muscles and the joints around them. It roams all over my body-like now I am in a flare. I call it roaming fibro-my fibro reminds me of rheumatory arthritis. Even my right hand-my index finger is so sore I have it pointed above my hand. I am just sore-sore-sore.

ps- everyone gets fibro differently so it is not always something to compare to other peoples fibro & flares. Just saying>>>>>>

Last edited by ebrena; 08-16-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: removed a duplicate word

Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi jess,
welcome to the board!
if you have not been tested for sjogrens disease please rule that one out. i have it and fibro. the sjogrens is hardest on my joints, especially my spine, knees and wrists. i can tell which one is acting up even tho the symptoms pain wise are so close to the same.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Make sure they check your thyroid thoroughly. I had bad joint pain in my ankles, knees and hips. After determining that I needed additional thyroid meds. I need two of them, one to treat my T4 and one to treat my T3. Once I was properly treated, my joint pain has subsided. Still have the fibro pain but not the joint pain.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome!
When Fibro pain set in for me it started in my neck, shoulders & back. Even now they always hurt, never relief, & generally hurt the most. But after that I got a lot of traveling pain. Muscle pain & like achy in the bones. I remember it traveling. Sometimes it would be brief pain thengo away & brief pain somewhere else. Other times it would be an arm, leg, knee, hip ect & would last for hours or days. It's been almost 3 yrs since fibro pain set in. Now I just have full body pain. Mostly muscle pain & joint pain. I especially notice the joint pain in my fingers. Mornings are always worst & like you, gets better through the day. Also the stiffness especially in the morning. I've been tested for it all. Recently I was tested for rhumetoid arthritis, lupus, ect. My new Rhum tests yearly. I was also tested for the sjorgrens... I always have the dry eyes, mouth, ect. My eyes over water in the daylight. My Rhum commented on how dry my mouth was. She said it was so dry you'd think I had a 105 fever. I was even drinking liquids during the appointment. But I tested negative... I am thinking about having the lip biopsy done.
Anyhow, I have the same probs but the tests came out negative for me. Make sure to ask fot any tests that haven't been done...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
(male)

guitargal HB Userguitargal HB User

i am waiting for my 3rd lyme test as they are not very accurate.

i have the joint pain started one place then another. started last summer.. i was so sick..I was dxed with fibro in Feb. 2012

took some antibiotics this summer and am feeling much better. double check your lyme tests. use Igenx labs.

also Vit. D, mag, C may help. Arnica oil to rub on those joints that feel like someone is stabbing you in the bone..
hot baths, lots of water,

i always have a low temperature. 96.4, 97.1,,, lowest was 95.5 a month ago..

go figure..

Closed Thread