It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
flare can go away anytime now!!!

Am so tired of being in severe pain. On top of fibro I also have 5 herniated discs in my neck and arthritis is my right knee. We have had to move 2 times this summer. A real big jerk bought the house we've been renting for the last 2 years and had 3 weeks to move out and then we had to go and stay with a friend for 3 weeks until our new place was ready to move in. I didn't help physically move anything from house to storage to apt. I moved 2 boxes in our new place and totally made neck hurt even more.

Also dealing with carpal tunnel thats just getting worse and because of my knee messed up from knee to my toes stays numb all the time. Now 3 of my kids are in school and that makes my life even crazier and I have to babysit to have a income since i cant work a regular job.

Going and having nerve blocks done tomorrow to see if it reliefs some pain in my neck (haha no pun intended).

I am just so tired of being in severd pain all the time and fatigue is also horrible.

I support and am here for all of you as well. Ive been able to read posts but not always respond depending on my hands. I will when I can little by little.

I just had to rant since noone irl deals with chronic pain.

The following 6 users give hugs of support to: mom477
Agenda (08-19-2012), bluelakelady (08-19-2012), lehcar (08-21-2012), rocker1965 (09-02-2012), tanasmom (08-19-2012), thefarm (08-20-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: flare can go away anytime now!!!

I am so sorry life has been crazy and you've been hurting. Hang in there, unpack nice and slow, and relax! I hope the nerve block helps. Ask the doctor if you should ice the injection site, I find that helps prevent post-injection soreness.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
allwest (09-05-2012), mom477 (08-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I feel the same for you. I hope things settle down soon and you get some relief. I totally get how you feel.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmrots For This Useful Post:
mom477 (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
(female)

Lauriann HB User

I posted this in another thread but works here too:

The symptoms of Fibromyalgia can be greatly overcome in a very short period of time (2-3 months) using a high antioxidant, acrlyamide-free diet. Acrylamides are toxic substances produced by baking and frying carbohydrates.

Adopt a diet-style rich in natural plant foods especially organic berries and green vegetables and restricted in animal products and baked grains. Vegetable soups and steamed vegetables are encouraged. Fibromyalgia patients who do this routinely get well, and they get well quickly.

A nutrient-dense diet rich in large amounts of natural plant foods will result in a high intake of polyphenolic compounds such as quercetin, myricetin and kaempherol, and the high intake of lignans and bioflavonoids...just a few of the hundreds of nutrients with unpronounceable names that will reverse fibromyalgia symptoms in 2-3 months

...but you must be consistently proactive with this new diet lifestyle.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I'm Sorry you are having such a tough time It sux having to do stuff when you are already miserable from over doing it... Hopefully you won't have to worry about moving again...
Our last renters cost us $7000 in damages (in 6 months) & still counting... We physically moved her out before we could tackle the repairs. We hauled three 25 ft trailer loads & five truck loads. Been working on repairs atleast once a week for the last 2 months. Almost done. I've had to fill in sooo many holes & paint... Not to mention the fire damage I had to clean up. Ugh I helped do a yard sale this weekend, miserable. Then trying to catch up on farm & house work. Now today I'm supposed to go over the rental agreement with new renters & finish painting... My husband thinks a couple hours of rest is enough. I wish he could be in my shoes right now. I know he wouldn't be pushing me to do more.
Sorry for my rant. I know how you are feeling & how frustraiting it is...
Aren't you supposed to have surgery soon?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
mom477 (08-20-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
mom477 (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I knew you all would understand . Take up to a week to find out if nerve block worked pain wise. Tori yes will probably have surgery on knee some time soon. Have to make another appt for it. And most likely will have fusion surgery on cervical spine since last MRI in June shows all herniated discs are worse than they were back in Feb when I had another MRI.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
thefarm (08-24-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
(female)

dennisse HB User

sounds interesting and well worth doing-ı will do my best-

Old 09-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
(female)

rocker1965 HB User

Hi Dennisse,
I'm Denise too. I can relate to everything you have been experiencing. Sometimes when you start feeling better you get so excited - like it's finally over - and then it starts up again and your heart just sinks in your chest and the sorrow is almost worse than the pain. Flares are so evil.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

mom477. How were you injured like that with 5 herniated disks? Are you able to function at all.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
mom477. How were you injured like that with 5 herniated disks? Are you able to function at all.
Well I think it may be from the degeneration of them or a car accident 15 yrs ago. Back in 2003 when symptoms got alot worse I only had 2 bulging discs. Then in 2009 I had 2 more plus a cyst in my spine. Then in June I had another mri and it showed the 5th one and my other 4 discs are worse plus arthritis on a new vertebrae (c2-c3). I have arthritis all throughout my neck as well. Now I had a mri back in feb and in just those short months my neck got worse.

As far as function??? Most days it's a big struggle but I have 4 children to raise so I do it whether I want to or not lol. Right now Im seeing a pain mgmt doc and had a nerve block done that didnt work and will be given cortisteroid shots in 4 facet joints in a couple weeks since nerves are pinched. Will be doing pt again starting next week.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom477 View Post
Well I think it may be from the degeneration of them or a car accident 15 yrs ago. Back in 2003 when symptoms got alot worse I only had 2 bulging discs. Then in 2009 I had 2 more plus a cyst in my spine. Then in June I had another mri and it showed the 5th one and my other 4 discs are worse plus arthritis on a new vertebrae (c2-c3). I have arthritis all throughout my neck as well. Now I had a mri back in feb and in just those short months my neck got worse.

As far as function??? Most days it's a big struggle but I have 4 children to raise so I do it whether I want to or not lol. Right now Im seeing a pain mgmt doc and had a nerve block done that didnt work and will be given cortisteroid shots in 4 facet joints in a couple weeks since nerves are pinched. Will be doing pt again starting next week.
Hi,
Im sorry to hear of all your pain, it sounds horrible. I am going through a lot myself with no answers I have 3 kids to raise so I know what you mean about no choice ... I was wondering what the cyst on your spine felt like? Was it painful? Painful to touch? I have a terrible sore spot on my spine and though I cant physically see anything there it hurts so much! Did your problems show up on Xray? I have only had an Xray... No MRI yet... I showed nothing on my Xray... So worried what it could be I have pinched nerves everywhere, today on a pain scale of 0-10 I am a 14! Blessings!

The following user gives a hug of support to Brookietrip:
mom477 (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Ive only had MRIs. You need to get 1. Xray wont give doctors real answers. The cyst is inside the spinal cord. Right now its only 2mm big and dont think it causes much issues. Well thats what the docs say. Although dont believe em much as ive been told I dont have pinched nerves and was recently told that I do have pinched nerves and I knee it. Docs before never believed me when Id say it was nerve pain and that my arms shouldnt be so affected but they are. Keep fighting for yourself and health til you find doctors to listen and hear you. Hang in there.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
Brookietrip (09-06-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-06-2012)
Reply Reply