It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
(female)

tanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB User
Unhappy Symptoms come and go???

Hi !!! I was just wondering if your Fibro symptoms come and go and if so, how often? I started having problems in March and this month was diagnosed with Fibro. The doctor put me on Neurontin 3 weeks ago. Out of the blue, the last 4 days, I have almost felt like myself again !!! I was hopeful the Neurontin was working. Then this morning I woke up feeling like a truck had been dropped on me in my sleep.
I am still new to all this so I was just wondering...will the symptoms just come and go like that? It's almost cruel to have several days of feeling good...it's like having to go from starving to gourmet meals and back to starving again. I had forgotten how feeling good feels and I am sooooo depressed today that all my symptoms are back.

Thanks for listening !!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Symptoms come and go???

Hi, yes the symptoms come and go for me too, and there is no rhyme or reason to it. You will get used to it although it is a pain in the**** sometimes. All you can do is rest when you get the hit by a truck feeling and make the most of the good days.

It does seem cruel to go from feeling good to awful again but if the alternative is too feel bad all the time, we would all pick the good days bad days way.

Regards,

The following user gives a hug of support to Agenda:
tanasmom (08-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Agenda For This Useful Post:
tanasmom (08-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I was just wondering the same thing! I have been on here complaining about my symptoms and wondering how I could be hit with fibromyalgia in just one day and have it be there for 3 straight months... Feel almost new again for a few days and then BAM it's back again but this time in the lower half of my body? For 3 months it was only my upper body, now even though I ache very mildly in my upper back, left shoulder and lady hand my lower body is useless! It's like I jumped into a split without stretching and my lower back feels like I'm in labor and the top of my feet feel like I dropped a sledge hammer on them and the bottom of my feet feel like I've been walking on hot coals to top it off my kids gave me a cold which is making my head explode! I hope this bout of flare up goes away for us faster than the last one! Blessings

The following user gives a hug of support to Brookietrip:
tanasmom (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Yes, they do come and go. Over time, you may find that the changes are related to your activities, other health conditions, weather, or even your period.

Just take the good days when you can have them, and endure the bad ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (08-27-2012), tanasmom (08-26-2012)
Closed Thread