It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

achillez16 HB User
Multivitamins make my muscle pain worse ?

Does anyone here have a similar problem , where the muscle pain gets worse after taking Multivitamins,

I take the one a day mens multivitamin and my muscle pain worsens everytime.

thanks

Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Multivitamins make my muscle pain worse ?

I don't take a multi. I like to target the vitamins individually. Maybe a look to see what else aside from vitamins is in the 1a day multi for men that could be causing you problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would suspect there is a substance in the pills that you are sensitive to. Examples would be gluten, which is found in many pills, and dyes, some of which are allergens for some people. These would be listed on the ingredients list, and I would try to find a vitamin that has no gluten, maltodestrin, wheyand caseine (milk protein), dyes (red and yellow seem to be the worst allergens) and tartrazine. If you can figure out which one is the culprit, it might have important implications to your diet in general.

Last edited by ladybud; 08-26-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added info

Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
(female)

desertlady42 HB User

I've never told anyone before including any of my doctors but I have always felt flu-like when taking multivitamins on a regular basis. I also get this way when I drink green tea. Flu-like is how I feel when I have a flare..go figure! Many years ago (long before a diagnosis) when I started to have my weird symptoms I started to do all the "healthy" things to see if I could feel better but I noticed that I was feeling worse so I would stop. A few months later I would try again and would feel horrible. I never could understand why green tea would make me feel completely lousy. Green tea was so popular and supposed to have wonderful benefits but not for me! I have tried many different brands of vitamins but it's always the same.
Now I take daily Vitamin D (because I have to), B12 and probitics daily. I still keep daily vitamins in my cupboard and take occasionally, but I try to get my vitamins through food. It's very strange and always felt like if I mentioned this to any doctors they would think I am nuts..I already confuse them enough!!

Closed Thread

Tags
multivitamins, myalgia