It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Tremor, symptom of fibro?

Has anyone else noticed that they have a tremor, by that I mean I slightly shake if that makes sense. Not all the time, both my husband and my daughter have both commented on it seperatly and I have never mentioned it to them.

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Tremor, symptom of fibro?

My hands shake and big toe and the one beside that one on left foot move constantly. That is probably different than a tremor. Toes are more of twitching though. Dont know if its from fibro or not. Hands dont shake enough to where its noticeable but to me it is.

May be a good idea to bring it up to your doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
Agenda (08-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

Thanks for that mom477, I will bring it up with the doc next time I am there but I am so glad that you too have this symptom(not that I wish any health problems on you) sometimes there are so many varied symptoms to this annoying condition that I am afraid it is nothing to do with fibro and it's a new condition.

Regards,

Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I totally understand

Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Are you on any meds, like cymbalta? Tremors can be a side effect of cymbalta. If so I'd suggest you talk to your dr, should either way actually.

If your next apt is not coming up real soon, maybe a call in to the doc wouldn't hurt.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

I am on amytriptyline,plaquenil and pain meds. I will ring and make appointment.

Thanks,

Old 08-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Mine was happening before I started cymbalta and if anything it has helped the tremor and twitching.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Read up on Essential Tremor and see if that fits your case. I was diagnosed with it before I was diagnosed with the Fibro, Thyroid and every thing else I have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pammyann For This Useful Post:
Agenda (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Essential Tremor describes me all the way. Interesting.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
Pammyann (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i recall going thru a period of about 4 years with full body tremors. from a gentle jiggle in my head to full blown body jerking. it came, it was, it went. have not had it happen at all for the past 3 years. will read up when i get home on essential tremor.
don't fight it when it happens. makes it jerk more.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread