It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Dizziness or fainting feeling...

Does anyone ever feel dizzy or faint? It's almost numbing or like I have a buzz from alcohol or medication, but I don't take meds and I don't drink... Am I alone?

Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Dizziness or fainting feeling...

No you are not alone. At times I feel exactly the same and there is no rhyme or reason to it. It can happen when I am out or just sitting down.

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

i get it too. For me at least, it has to do with the meds I'm on at least I think. Some do make me feel like that, and I get that head swimming sensation too. All I can do is lay down and relax and wait for it to pass. I know my bp med had to be reduced because it was too strong and I was getting very very dizzy and lightheaded from it. Plus, I have hypoglycemia and that can cause that too.

Anyone know if this could also be related to fibro?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

That is what I am trying to figure out? I have absolutely no reason to be dizzy, I have hypoglycemia but it is still there after I eat... The only time I'm not dizzy is when I'm walking or laying down, but when sitting or standing I am 4 days straight now it's so unnerving!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

yep have the same problem. I call it my wooziness feeling. Feel it between my eyes kinda. My eyes feel like I've been crying a lot or something too. I have to stay in bed when its like this which is most of the time . Cathy

Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post
yep have the same problem. I call it my wooziness feeling. Feel it between my eyes kinda. My eyes feel like I've been crying a lot or something too. I have to stay in bed when its like this which is most of the time . Cathy
I wish I could stay in bed I hurt when I'm in bed too long, can't seem to stay comfortable, can't lay on either side or my arms and feet fall asleep on that side and can't lay on my back because of a tender spot on my spine... All I can do is lay on my stomach which hurts after awhile... Walking helps me but as soon as I'm standing still I'm woosie or dizzy... I also feel it between my eyes, like I'm going to black out but I don't or I am going to faint but I don't, it's so hard to explain many of the things I had wrong all at once have gone away and now they are starting to appear just 1 at a time... I wonder if you can have fibro begin during pregnancy and just chalk it up to pregnancy pains or symptoms?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

I get that all the time, it's awful. I'm also on Atenolol (which lowers blood pressure) but a very low dose, so it shouldn't cause it. It's like it bubbles up on me. One minute I'll be fine, then the next I can feel it start behind my eyes and then spread out till I feel like I'll fall over or pass out. I think it's part of fibro as I've seen it on a lot of symptom lists.
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

The Following User Says Thank You to Cerene For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-02-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
(female)

fromptok HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookietrip View Post
Does anyone ever feel dizzy or faint? It's almost numbing or like I have a buzz from alcohol or medication, but I don't take meds and I don't drink... Am I alone?
No you're not alone! I've had these unexplained "dizzy" spells since June '05 before I started taking any type of meds. I've had testing done and no one can seem to figure out what is wrong with me, although MRI of brain showed ovoid plaques in/on left and right frontal lobes. My dr sent me to a neuro for this thinking MS but neuro says no due to no findings with spinal tap. Neuro wouldn't even look at MRI disc or exam report! Once I told her I had fibro, she says she thinks everything that is wrong with me is related to this and told me I'm just going to have to learn to "deal" with it. My dizziness interrupts every part of my life. I know when it's going to start because my eyes feel like they are crossing and swirling. Then it goes from there to the back of my head and then comes forward again. The only way I can explain this is it kinda feels like a wave going back and forth. Then it feels like I kinda black out for a split second and then back to normal. Even had an EEG done to see if it was seizures but that was ruled out too. This can happen at any given time whether moving or not. And then afterwards, I feel exhausted. Has anyone else had any of these similar experiences?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I hate it when drs won't even ck us out when they find out we have fibro
I hope everyone feels better soon I think on my next "spell" I am going to try
Some Dramamine to rule out vertigo. Cathy

Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Vertigo sucks and sneaks up on you with no notice. I finally got meclizine and it helps alot. Sometimes it doesn't and i take it only when I need too

Reply Reply