It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
This has got to stop...

Sorry if I'm complaining. I just need to get this out there. These darn cramps are back again and worse than before. I've tried just about EVERYTHING to get rid of them, and they won't go! Is it possible I might just be deficient in some vitamin/mineral? Or is this part of the fibro? A little background...I've been sick for the last 5 months with nausea and vomiting and had a plethoria of tests done and it's finally been determined...at least they think...it's my gallbladder. I haven't been able to consume much of anything except spaghetti and toast and watermelon. So I'm wondering if I might be lacking in something that is causing these terrible cramps? Course it could just be the fibro too. I don't know what to do next. I have meds to take for pain and they do help, just not with this cramping situation.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
(female)

tanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB User
Re: This has got to stop...

Where is the cramping at? I had my gallbladder taken out a few years back. I was having nausea and vomiting and alot of pain and pressure on the right side of my upper abdomen...right under the ribcage. I also had alot of bloating and sometimes the pain would go through to my back directly on the other side...same area. I had an ultrasound that showed I had gallstones and it's a good thing they took it out, it was diseased and started to adhear to my liver with scar tissue. I would demand an ultrasound just to be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

I can not tell you if they are part of fibro or not, but I have them too. Terrible cramps in my legs, so bad that they stop me sleeping. Where are yours?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
(female)

desertlady42 HB User

I had my gallbladder out in July and before that I had a lot of really bad upper abdominal cramping that went through to my back Sometimes it almost felt like I couldnt breath. I can tell you that no pain medication could touch it so maybe your gallbladder is what's causing your cramps. Do they tend to happen at night or wake you when you are sleeping?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

I'm actually scheduled to meet with a surgeon on Thursday to talk about removing my galbladder. I had an ultrasound and two HIDA-scans. But the cramps are in one side of my neck and my thigh. I do have some cramping near the right ribcage, which I assume is from the galbladder that better be removed. But it's the ones in my thigh that are killing me.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Could be a mineral issue. Try to take a calcium/magnesium supplement, 1000 mg of calcium, 500 mg magnesium.

Closed Thread