It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

haleyyface HB Userhaleyyface HB User
Unhappy The pain: waiting tables

Hey everyone it's been a while since I have been on!
Hope everyone is feeling good today..

For me not so much. Just a little background-- I'm a full time college student, about to be 20, I haven't officially been diagnosed with fibro due to the lack of insurance and not being able tO afford the prOper tests.

But! I finally gOt insurance and Friday I got some lab tests(results pending).

I wanted to just vent on how much pain I've been in lately it's ridiculous.. I've been getting the random burning--flare ups and been super tired. My joints ache and I find I can barely make it through a 5hr work shift with out collapsing. I need the money, but I feel like my body is hating me.

I don't have many questions.. Just need some support or of anyone else needs to vent.

---Haley

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: haleyyface
Agenda (09-12-2012), Brookietrip (09-11-2012), catkaru (09-12-2012), mom477 (09-12-2012), tanasmom (09-13-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: The pain: waiting tables

Woohoo for insurance! I would like to say I can't imagine working in the service industry with this pain but I feel like I know how you feel because I wait in 3 babies and a husband alllllll dayyyyy longgg! I don't mind standing or walking because my feet and knees only hurt mildly and it feels better when I'm walking, but having to carry babies, do dishes and laundry! I hear and feel your pain! I go to the doc again Friday, this time I am demanding all if the testing done now! MRI, more blood, rheumy and neurological whatever I have to do, because I won't take the meds that they keep pushing at me without an official diagnosis! Glad your getting tested and moving forward! I'm sorry for your pain today my back hurts so bad it's crushing my chest and it's making both breasts hurt lame!

The following user gives a hug of support to Brookietrip:
tanasmom (09-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome back little girlfriend,
wrapping you up in a big warm soft hug. sending you breath from the mighty redwood tree, joy from the songs of birds, inner strength from the life giving oceans and stars to wish upon.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yay for ins!!!! That must be a huge relief for you. I worked in the restaurant industry my whole life and haven't been able to since 2006. I don't see how you do it. That shows how strong and a big fighter you are. Big hugs to you that pain lets up for you soon.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
(female)

haleyyface HB Userhaleyyface HB User

Thanks for the support everyone!

My lab tests all came back normal.-- aside from my thyroid, but that I already knew.
I haven't gotten an official fibro diagnosis or anything, but I don't have another explanation for the pain I'm in .

On another note-- today has been better although I still have school tonight. Thanks everyone!!!

Mom-- yeah i don't know how much longer I can keep wearing out my body like I do. It's hard work! But minimum wage won't pay my bills and get me through school unfortunately..

The following user gives a hug of support to haleyyface:
mom477 (09-12-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
fibro, pain, working