It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
panic

Hi all... today is a panic attack day for me... I feel mean and angry and I am extra sensitive to everything I read a bad horoscope from 2004 in a book of fake articles and it sent me reeling! What is wrong with me! I cant hear anything about death or dying without going into full panic mode! I never have been a hypochondriac but this fear is getting the better of me I cant stand it when new problems pop up! My foot and ankle on the left have been asleep for 2 days and my back is so sore I feel like someone sliced it open my left leg is weak... that is a pretty new symptom for me can someone help me out of this panic? Thank you friends

Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: panic

when you feel the first tingles of panic stop, take a deep breath in thru your nose and hold. let it out slowly thru your mouth. do that 3 times. then 3 in and out your nose. then 3 in your mouth and out your nose. and last 3 in and out of your mouth. long slow deep breaths. i do them standing with my arms out or laying down with my arms out. my arms are out to catch all the healing energy that surrounds us all.
a paper bag works too in a panic situation. slow breathing.
no shrink or med has done as much for me when it comes to panic attacks that these simple breaths do. i have ptsd. it even helps when that hits me.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply