It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Tingling?

I know there have been other posts about this, but I've not have tingling like this before. I'm in a pretty yucky flare so I've been spending a lot of time in bed on my heating pad. I was looking at stuff on the web when my scalp started to tingle...like something was playing with my hair, that kind of tingle. It kept going for a few minutes. Anyone ever had something like that happen? The muscles in my shoulders (the top of) and my neck have been really tight lately, so it could just be that they are relaxing and there is more blood flow...but it still weirded me out a bit.
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: Tingling?

Your not alone, I have had the same thing happening to me quite often lately. The way u describe it is perfect, like someone is lightly playing with my hair... It is kind of unnerving! I also have shoulder and neck pain. I go to the doctor tomorrow, I have an extensive list of symptoms and ailments that need answers and that's one of them on the list, maybe she can tell me what's happening or lead me in the proper direction to find out what it could be, hugs I hope you feel better, I am lying on heat right now too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i found a cure for that one. i shave my head. have for 14 years. got rid of the neck aches, headaches and whatever was playing in my hair. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi,
i found a cure for that one. i shave my head. have for 14 years. got rid of the neck aches, headaches and whatever was playing in my hair. giggle.
peace,
blue
I have shaved my head before too... Not because of this but because I hot a perm and it burned all my hair to the root and turned it orange! I was devastated because it was almost down to my butt now my hair is about 8 inches from my butt again... I thought about chopping it short to help my neck but it took 4 years to grow it back out... I don't know if I could do it again! But I do like the feeling of a shaved head lol!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

I have hair that's just over my shoulders, and I would happily cut it to chin length again if only how I wanted my hair for the wedding didn't require long hair. Never shaved my head, but have had it in a very short bob. Not sure I could pull off bald :P
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
(female)

So I went to the doc today, she was not really herself and seemed frustrated with everything; again she called my pain anxiety and proceeded to adjust me without permission, even when I said I didn't want it and it was a bad idea she laid me back down and did it anyway.., I mentioned the head tingle and she referred me to a neurologist... She didn't say anything except " I just don't know what's wrong with you"

Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yup I have the tingling as well. It used to be constant and now whenever it feels like happening lol. The tingling in my arms and legs and anywhere else happens if someone touches me there.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

You crack me up blue and brookietrip, thanks for the laugh...

Last edited by lehcar; 09-20-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: added wording

Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
(female)

MissyMousey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerene View Post
I know there have been other posts about this, but I've not have tingling like this before. I'm in a pretty yucky flare so I've been spending a lot of time in bed on my heating pad. I was looking at stuff on the web when my scalp started to tingle...like something was playing with my hair, that kind of tingle. It kept going for a few minutes. Anyone ever had something like that happen? The muscles in my shoulders (the top of) and my neck have been really tight lately, so it could just be that they are relaxing and there is more blood flow...but it still weirded me out a bit.
No you are not alone, on that one! I was just finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after years and years of chronic pain... just recently oh in the past 6 months or so, thought I felt very cold rain drops on my cheeks and temples! I thought I was going crazier than I already am... but my doc said that that is a sign, you might feel tingling, or weird sensations on your body (I just started getting tingling shoulders and head too). My doctor told me that my temples may be getting it more, as that was a place where I had shingles?!

So now I freak out about another shingles outbreak all the time! As well as my other million medical difficulties...

Hope I helped, I am brand new to this message board (just lastnight) and posted 1 message.. no replies yet. But I sure am glad others have as many difficulties as I do -- seems like a whole new family! Take care!

Reply Reply