It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

Jenelle66 HB User
Thumbs down I Get So Tired of Hurting

Does anyone else just get completely exhausted and tired from hurting all the time? Sure, I have good days and bad days like anyone else, but darn....I get sick of the pain! The Cymbalta that I have been on for a couple of months is definitely helping, but I really want to experience pain free days. I know that I just need to buck up and stop complaining, but I get so discouraged from the pain that it has me going to some dark places in my mind. I have a wonderful 11 year old son, so I wouldn't do anything to hurt him, but it does get challenging to keep on "keeping on."

Last edited by Jenelle66; 09-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: Jenelle66
Brookietrip (09-13-2012), kissymoomom (09-14-2012), lehcar (09-20-2012), mom477 (09-16-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: I Get So Tired of Hurting

I feel your pain hurting for the last 3 months has drained me of my spirit , my poor 7 year old said " mommy how come you never smile anymore?" how heart breaking for him to notice that and for me not to notice that! I have been fighting through this pain everyday and have been in constant fear over what could be happening to me but trying to put on a different act for my kids and apparently I have failed I don't want that for them! I had 2 or 3 days where I felt great and when it came back I was beside myself with hypochondria thinking it couldn't be the same pain because that had gone away days ago... If I am going to have chronic pain I think I just want good days of it and less bad days because when it goes away and then comes back it scares the daylights out of me hugs to you! I hope you feel relief xoxo

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Brookietrip
kissymoomom (09-14-2012), mom477 (09-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
(female)

kc1958 HB User

"the pain that it has me going to some dark places in my mind."

You are not alone. It's hard not to go to those places...at least for me it's hard. If I had support from at least one person in my life then it might be different.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: kc1958
Brookietrip (09-16-2012), lehcar (09-20-2012), mom477 (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

It is very difficult to deal with constant pain and some days I try really hard to ignore it and plow through and some days I just can't. I feel like an old person and it's scary. It was sort of a relief to get a diagnosis as I always wondered why I had these weird aches and pains in different spots every day being different. I try to really look at the bright side and when I am in pain, I try to just rest when possible. No, it's not easy, but I try to say it could always be worse. I know this sounds pollyannaish, trust me, I have loads of days when I have just had it, (read my old posts). I am just trying to tell you to hang in there.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

Being in pain all the time is hard, we can all attest to that. I've been in almost constant flares for 6 months now and it's really getting to me. I'm having a hard time getting through the day, mentally. I can't remember being truly happy because it's been so long. We have to try really hard to look at the bright side, but it's hard when you keep going to those dark places (as said before). Right now most people are pulling away from me, again, as I can't really go out. The only one who has stuck by me is my Fiance, for whom I am very thankful. It's hard to have a chronic illness, emotionally, physically, and socially. Thankfully we still have each other here!
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

I feel your pain...literally...lol...I haven't smiled in so long now...let's see 4 months now...I think I've forgotten how...I would just like a whole day without pain, two would be nice, but I'll settle for one at this point...My friends and some family are pulling away from me as well, because I'm having a hard time coming out of my dark place...It is a struggle to go even to the store for just a quick couple of things..much less get out and exercise which is what I'd really like to do...With what little energy I do get I spend it trying to help out with cleaning duties. I've been cooking alot more than I was previously, so that has been a plus, but it really just wipes me out physically. I hope you'll get to a point where you will feel better, until then we are here...

Old 09-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
(female)

MissyMousey HB User

I agree - I wish I could have just one day of not being in pain! I have had chronic pain for more than 25 years! Everyone says oh bite the bullet, or you will get over it, and all the other things people say that do not suffer! It seems day in and day out it is pain, meds, laying in bed.... ya I will just get over it!! Here is hoping for all of you to feel better...

Reply Reply