It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User
Finally Over... now what?

OK....for the first time in months I have been feeling great these last 2 days. So how long does this last? Is it possible it will not come back? I had spinal surgery in March and my life has been living hell since then until yesterday. I have no pain. That is unheard of from me. Even on the strongest dose of the strongest pain meds ive been on these last months , i have had breakthrough pain...now its gone?
Can I go back to work? Can I stop taking pain killers? Can I stop walking on egg shells. Toda yis the first time in almost a year i went down the steps without holding ont othe rail and going one foot at a time at a snails pace. It is a great thing Im not looking for a cloud but its like hard to believe. Im going to enjoy it and hope it lasts. Thanks!

~ Ree~
~Fibromyalgia
~ degenerative arthritis
~cervical lordosis via fx of c2, c3
~acdf c4, 5
~ stiffness and joint pain in both hands and feet
~ back pain
~ diabetes
~ hypertension

Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Finally Over...now what?

It may or may not last. One never knows. Just don't overdue it. Whenever I have a day or 2 with zero pain I do everything I haven't been able to do (catch up basically) on a regular basis then I end up paying for it.

Enjoy being painfree!!! Feels awesome, doesn't it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

MelodyTA HB User
Re: Finally Over... now what?

I have been pain free for almost 2 years, the key is to pace and do what is working and don't get cocky. Don't overdo it when you are feeling amazing, and when you are a little tired do a little less. Great to hear you are pain free, its an amazing feeling. Hope it lasts

Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Finally Over...now what?

never ask how long, just enjoy it. so glad you are healed from surgery and can walk the stairs again! with fibro we have what i call windows. times when you feel great. my longest was over a year. yes, quit taking the pain meds. have a chat with your doc about how in case there is a special way to wean off.
if i could still do a cartwheel i would do one for you. in my mind i just did a perfect 10 for you. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User

Thank you ladies! So great to have support from those who truly understand and are not just trying to be understanding ....understand ...lol Today my life long neck pain returned ,but not as bad as it used to be. There's bad weather coming our way too so I'm sure that has something to so with it...I'm a walking barometer! I fixins my neck in a car wreck in 1979. The fracture did not need surgery, they decided to let it fuse itself as it was a clean, diagonal fixins that pointed away from the spinal cord. It worked...in theory. My neck fused and healed....32years later...its still fusing...it overfused and started pulling things the wrong way which led to severe cervical lordisis. It didn't just straighten, it curved the opposite way. Its "fixed" now...with rods,plates,screws and wire. Its been six months and I was downright convinced it hadn't worked. Even thought they made it worse at some points it hurt so bad...but te doctors kept saying ...trust me...lol...and they were right! So let's see how much it continues to get well. Thank you all again"

~ Ree~
~Fibromyalgia
~ degenerative arthritis
~cervical lordosis via fx of c2, c3
~acdf c4, 5
~ stiffness and joint pain in both hands and feet
~ back pain
~ diabetes
~ hypertension

The following user gives a hug of support to Irishree:
Pammyann (09-18-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

Hey! So happy your feeling good! I too have felt good for the last 2 days except for dizziness I am tip top! I also wonder and worry how long it will last and tonight my neck has a pinched nerve that is really burning through my shoulder but it's minimal compared to my daily pains so I'll take it! So nice to have fun with my family the last few days and to actually be able to cuddle with my husband! Haven't done that in months because at the end of the day anything touching my back, even the couch was agony! I'm excited to be basically pain free even if it is only for a short while my kids are pretty excited about it too! Hope it lasts for us

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Brookietrip
Irishree (09-25-2012), Pammyann (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

So glad you are feeling well! Enjoy it! Don't overdo it and at least try not to. I always do but take it easy and I hope it lasts a long time!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
(female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User

So glad to know you're feeling better...Enjoy it and like everyone else has already said don't over do it...

Reply Reply