It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
deep tissue massage

I had deep tissue massage yesterday. I knew it was a no-no and she said so too, but I was so tight I needed to have the kinks worked out. She said people with fibro shouldn't have one like that because they will pay for it later. I figured, I was in so much pain already, I may as well have an hour or two of feeling good and feel good it did. It hurt but felt good a the same time. I am sore today though. Some spots are super tender, but it was worth it to me.
My hands and feet have been a HUGE problem, she put hot stones on them for me and that was just delightful. I wish I could say today they all feel better, but the ball of foot pain is just as bad and so are my hands. It's so frustrating.
I am tired of this pain.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: deep tissue massage

I have massages regularly. My therapist does a combination of deep tissue and relaxation. I am usually sore and even tired the next day but by the 2nd day, I feel better and feel so much better in the long run. I hope and pray you feel better tomorrow.

Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey girl,
i had deep tissue for almost 2 years. had to stop due to another health thing. still do a bit on my fanny. i give myself 2 days to let all those toxins they release out. by day 3 i feel much better, or did. giggle.
it depends on what your goal is. mine was for waking up my muscles and toning them thru massage. now i do what zen calls fluff and buff with a bit of tuff. giggle.
remember every body is different. like you i have to get those knots broken up. they regrow but for a bit i feel good. days 4 to 6 are my best. listen to your body. she knows what she needs.
do some heat and small walks today. also drink half a gallon of water. for feet next time ask for a salts cleansing. those help my feet more than stones do.
rest and relax. breath deeply. take a nap. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Thanks for the input. I am sore, feel like I had a real workout, but needed it. She said my shoulder felt like a cement block. I am taking it easy today and getting ready for a new job tomorrow!

The following user gives a hug of support to tmrots:
Pammyann (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I'm thinking about getting massages a couple times a month atleast. I'm going to try yoga as well. Gonna buy a mat and a dvd so I can do it at home. Hoping it may help my fibro if nothing else.

The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am going to try an easy yoga as well. let's track our progress!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I'm. up for that!!! I get money Friday so then or Sat I will get the yoga stuff. Be good to do it knowing someone else is as well. May keep me motivated

Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I would like to try yoga too! I will also get the gear and see if it helps thanks for the idea! Haven't tried massage yet, too expensive and I don't want hubby to do it because I pinch nerves so easily If he messes up I'm in for it! I'll wait for the lottery and then a professional

Old 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

yoga is good for the mind and body. brings and restores harmony to our oneness. enjoy girls. you won't regret it. just be sure if a position does not feel safe to do it minimally. it's not a contest of you against the dvd. giggle. it's peaceful slow meditative movement.
did i mention i love it? giggle.
peace,
blue

Reply Reply