It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(male)

ponytaildave HB User
Unhappy Omg pain

Today I tried to waterski Iuse to be pretty good at it after dragging the grand kids around o a tube I then tried to waterski and found out Iam to weak to get up I at least tried several times and then gave up triedto get back into boat only to find out I was too weak to climb back into the boat had to shut te motor down and use the stearn drive prop as a step made it back to the dock and loaded the boat onto trailer and I made it home but my body is telling me don't do that what ca i do to get my muscles back I feel so helpless my arms now feel like someone has tied them down to my armchair ca barely move now.very depressed now and its making me so sick to m stomach. I feel like I'm an old orse that needs to be put down none of my pain meds have ever helped, just shoot me

Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Omg pain

oh goodness I would feel the same way! Try a hot epson salt bath to draw the soreness out. Soak as long as you can like an hour even. It will help. Drink plenty of water, juice, do you do B12? Magnesium is good for muscle pain. Hope this helps, Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

As sore as you might feel after you've had your soak in the bath (or shower if no bath) do lots of stretching - everywhere. The connective tissue can send pain anywhere so the more we can stretch with fibro the better. My stretching is pathetic in comparison to what it used to be - however I now religiously stretch for 10 minutes after any exercise - even if it's a gentle walk. And if I'm not exercising that day I always stretch after a hot bath/shower. Have noticed a gradual improvement and it's a life saver after exercise - I'd be unable to walk after exercise if I didn't stretch thoroughly

Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
(male)

ponytaildave HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetlife View Post
As sore as you might feel after you've had your soak in the bath (or shower if no bath) do lots of stretching - everywhere. The connective tissue can send pain anywhere so the more we can stretch with fibro the better. My stretching is pathetic in comparison to what it used to be - however I now religiously stretch for 10 minutes after any exercise - even if it's a gentle walk. And if I'm not exercising that day I always stretch after a hot bath/shower. Have noticed a gradual improvement and it's a life saver after exercise - I'd be unable to walk after exercise if I didn't stretch thoroughly

Old 09-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
(male)

ponytaildave HB User

Honey I have tried all of that, I am in so much pain I can't stand it I am a caregiver myself and finding that I can't take care of someone else. what do I do does fibro this extreme qualify me for disability I don't know what to do. I broke down this afternoon while trying to take care of my girlfriend who has ALS, I can't even hold a cup for her while she drinks thru a straw , very depressed

Reply Reply