It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

wheezy HB User
FM symptoms... could I have FM?

Ok here goes. I am a 39 year old female and I have been experincing strange symptoms for about 10 years now. My first visit to one doctor had me seeing a neuro who performed limited exam with no abnormalities so I was told I had general anxiety and given meds for that. I just know its not that. The symptoms I have felt at varying degrees have been

tingling in limbs but never numbness. Could last minutes or days.
Feet and calves always feel like they are vibrating inside. Have this all the time.
Headaches a lot. From clusters to tension to what the heck is going on in my head aches.
Feet are cold a lot.
A couple of times I have had feeling of sun burn on my skin in arms and legs but no burns.
Skin can feel bruised in places but no marks. It's like my skin hurts. Have a spot right now on my right top leg on side of my hip.
Eye glass prescription changes with every eye exam.
Feet lower back and neck ache after walking or standing for extended periods.
Upon waking I can experience heel pain (daily), lower back pain, neck stiffness, or shoulder pain.
I sometimes wake up feeling like I'm shaking but it seems to be internal. Don't like that feeling at all!
Tinnitus.
Sometimes I just feel weird. Can't describe it really just feel wrong.

There are others but I can't remember them all. Anyway should I mention FM to doctor on October 1 st or is this not what FM is like? Should I see if he mentions it first? Don't know what to do..,
Thanks for reading!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: FM symptoms...could I have FM?

Hi, welcome to the board. You have come to the right place we all know what it is like to have symptoms but no definite diagnosis for ages. You could have more than one thing going on like a lot of us here, I have fibro, osteoarthritis and some other autoimmune thing going on with no name on it yet. My rhuematologist is thinking RA or lupus, it is a waiting game.

Some of your symptoms sound like fibro,s mention it to your doctor and ask for a referral to a rhuematologist. You need a full blood work up to start ruling things in or out. Be prepared for it to take some time. We are always here to answer any questions we can.

Good luck,

Old 09-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: FM symptoms...could I have FM?

I agree that a visit to a rheumy is the best advice. I found one I really love and was relieved to have a diagnosis. You sound an awful lot like I did, but of course I am not a doctor so can't give total advice. I hope you find an answer. Dont' be afraid to ask your doctor questions and then ask us. We are happy to help.

Reply Reply