It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

tammy24473 HB User
I'm new - anyone else have these symptoms?

Hi everyone,

I've been formally dx'd with FM since May, 2010 but of course, have had symptoms since before I was dx'd with CFS at the age of 18.

For many years, I saw a neurologist for neurological issues and a rheumatologist for pain. Among the suspected causes of my problems that have all been ruled out, were brain tumor, aneurysm, MS, RA and Lupus.

My pain is under control for the moment but I live with a physical and mental exhaustion that I cannot make anyone understand.

There are two other symptoms I have that I haven't been able to tie to FM yet and I wondered if anyone else has bladder and bowel incontinence? (an awfully personal question for a first-time post, I know!)

I was also dx'd with IBS at 18 yrs, and more recently my gastro doc dx'd me as pre-Crohn's, saying it was a matter of time before I fully develop that disease. Sixteen years ago I developed intermittent bouts of bladder incontinence that has been constant for the last two and a half years.

Are these two symptoms common with FM, does anyone know?

I look forward to reading and posting on HealthBoards and am relieved to have found this message board.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: I'm new - anyone else have these symptoms?

Welcome to the boards. I have recently had bladder incontinence but don't think it has to do with fibro and more to do with my screwed up neck.

The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
tammy24473 (09-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

princesst HB User

My mom has FM with none of those symptoms but the MS books are full of folks who have the exact ones...

The advice I can give you as someone who reads a lot on Chron's is that you could potentially help yourself by getting the Elisa tests run to see what foods you are allergic to...as more than likely you have many food allergies. These allergies might not cause the epi pen type scenarios but they can definitely cause inflammation in the bowel and in your body that causes pain. You could go gluten free immediately and see if after 30-60 days you are feeling remotely better (it takes quite a while for gluten free to heal your body...read up on it). If you avoid the foods you are allergic to you can make a huge impact on your health. Inflammation is a big deal in your body...it's one of the reasons we all get sick. Drink your water (1/2 your body weight in oz per day) and sacrifice those allergen foods...and see what happens. It's a sacrifice for sure but if you could give it 3-6 months and notice if you feel better...you might find it is well worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to princesst For This Useful Post:
tammy24473 (09-25-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

From what I have read ( and believe me I read a lot) your symptoms are definitely on the fm list... Along with many others that you wouldn't expect to go along with fibro that may or may not pop up one day it is a guessing game for sure. I often wonder when a true right time to see a doctor is and I just sit and throw it into the fibro basket because it usually is even as strange as it seems... Luckily after months of a flare I had been feeling pretty great the last few weeks, but low and behold my flare is returning it always does when my menstrual cycle is near I don't get cramps or other "normal" menstrual problems but it all happens in my neck, shoulder, upper and mid back... Strange right? I guess not when you have fibro! Welcome to the boards! This place keeps me sane and a little more grounded or I would probably be at the doc every day!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brookietrip For This Useful Post:
tammy24473 (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
(female)

tammy24473 HB User

You're right on the money; FM is definitely a guessing game. Thank you so much for your info. I truly appreciate it. I hope you're feeling better very soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to tammy24473 For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

I am newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia and my rheumatologist handed me a packet of papers that included these as symptoms. I have never experienced incontinence but do have an urgency issue which is, I guess, just another symptom.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elmbabies3 For This Useful Post:
tammy24473 (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
(female)

tammy24473 HB User

This relieves me a lot (to know that the incontinence isn't an underlying neurological problem) - thank you!

Reply Reply

Tags
incontinence