It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

Lynn124 HB User
Red face Fibro and menopause

Trying so hard to have a positive attitude but I reach the end of my rope. Been living with fibro for 12 years. I had a hysterectomy (left one ovary) two years ago and menopause has hit me fast and furious. My fibro pain is off the charts.
Over the years, I've tried every anti-depressant and always had bad side effects. I went to a new rheumy and he gave me tramadol 50 mg for pain. It's not helping. My hot flashes have become worse and I'm sweating all the time. Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Fibro and menopause

Unfortunately yes sweats are part of menopause. along with a whole list of things. Been where you are, but I was still seeking out a diagnosis for what ended up being FM AND quitting smoking all at the same time. Needless to say I failed at that time to quit.
There is a very good book by Dr Christine Northrop titled The wisdom of Menopause. It has some great info and ways to help give some relief with using diet, nutrition and herbals. With a little psycho babble thrown in.

FM is bad enough but throw in menopause and it's real easy to scare yourself, lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

ahh menopause. those beloved sweats at the worst possible times. the headache and body aches. ahh, the memories. giggle. if you are young try a year on estrace. had mine at 29. i am well into my 50's now and natural meno is almost over. much easier than the one after surgery.
keep towells by the bed and an extra pillow for night sweats. sleep nude. have uncarpeted floor you can put naked feet on during the day. winters just go outside barefoot. your feet control body heat. there are many natural estrogens. it's either yams or sweet potatoes that are loaded with natural estrogen. hey, it's been years. giggle.
wear tops with lower necklines, no turtle necks or tee shirt necklines. forget stockings. socks come off faster.
right now your brain is sending hormones to your ovaries. only one is gone and not responding so your brain produces more hormones. it makes your brain feel totally off. that's why i did the estrogen. my counts were off the charts. my brain was cranking out the hormonal message and no one was home to receive it.
fibro is what it is. i take no meds for it. i have massages, meditate, eat healthy, respect my body, thank her every day, have a hot tub, and most important i have learned to adapt to health changes. yes i am in pain every day. you can get used to anything and i have. it seldom stops me and when it does i respect that and rest.
i do not get angry or afraid. those emotions feed into fibro and pain is the result. i relax, remind myself it will pass and return. i will have good days and difficult days. that is my life now. so, i make the best of it.
in the process of changing more things in my life to adapt to a new illness. it's sad and fun.
peace,
blue

Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
(female)

angelz328 HB User

Sorry u are having such a rough time. i also have had fibro for at least 12 years and had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago but still have my ovaries, I have been having hot flashes the last couple of months and unbelievable pain. I am taking a hormone supplement and Norco it has helped with the hot flashes some but the pain is still off the charts. Good luck. I work full time with a hour and a half drive a day and long hours some days i just dont know how I am gonna make it. Talk to ur ob they can help with the hot flashes.

Reply Reply