It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Flare but good news

Hey, sorry I haven't been around the past week or two. Had a flare, and when I flare it tends to go into my neck, arms and hands, hence no computer work if I can avoid it.

Matter of fact, it's been pretty bad, pain-wise, for the last week or so. I think it's the weather, fall is always bad, especially when fronts make the temperature change rapidly. And work has been unrelenting.

However, I do have some good news. I think I've finally (after 13 years of living with FM) found a doctor who suits me. My rheumy was useless, my PM clinic was a horrible depressing place where I always had to wait weeks for treatment.

My new doctor? Woke up this morning, KNEW I couldn't take anymore. Also knew Wednesdays were her day in my town. Called up, she did indeed have an opening, and I got trigger point injections that same day.

I'll be sore tomorrow, but now I know I'll survive the rest of the season!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: janewhite1
Glojer (10-14-2012), thefarm (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Flare but good news

Good for you finding a doc who you like, that's worth a gentle happy dance in my book.
It's been a fun fall season hasn't it. I'm starting to feel like a yoyo with all the ups and downs in the weather.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad but finding a good doctor that you can trust is very encouraging! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

jane i am very happy for you. may i sit on the seat behind you and ww for the autumn roller coaster ride? we go from low 40's at night to mid 90's in the afternoon. knowing what it is makes it so much easier to just chill and let it happen.
peace,
blue

Old 10-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User

Hi Jane and all! I have been away for quite a while on an internet fast to try to manage my time better. (Had to re-register as a newbie with my new email address). I hope everyone has been feeling ok and hanging in there!

I built myself up with nutritional supplements and finally took the plunge to make my dream come true for a second child. I am pregnant!!!!! I am trusting that the good Lord will give me strength to endure without the meds I need. (I am continuing with a lower of dose of two of them.)

My husband and 6 year old are thrilled beyond words. I am excited too. I will be able to visit the board more often because I am back on the internet now that I have to take it easy and rest more!

I thought I saw a post from you, Jane, on the pregnancy board. You pregnant too?

I am 38 and full of aches and pains, but also full of joy!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Chicabellarox
Glojer (10-14-2012), lrose864 (10-12-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Welcome back and WOW CONGRATULATIONS - maybe as more and more pregnancy hormones kick in they may help to counter the fibro pain - fantastic news x

Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi all, have been away a while myself. Chicabellarox, congrats on the pregnancy. Our daughter is 37 and is 8mo. pregnant with her first child. When it was wanted for so long, it is such a blessing.
Janewhite, glad to hear you may have found a winner in this doc. I hope it works for you.

Glojer

Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User

Oh, Glojer, you will have to keep us updated on your daughter's pregnancy! Does she have fibromyalgia? Nice to hear from everyone!

Jane, how's the doctor?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Ah, babies! Have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Maybe soon!

Things are going OK with the doctor. The injections did help quite a bit. Also started a new medication, an SSRI. It seemed to help both physically and mentally, but now it's irritating my stomach (A LOT) so now it's got to go. Oh, well.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i love new humans. their spirts are so clean and unaltered by human influence. glo give your girl a big hug for adopted auntie blue. giggle. when one of our family here has a baby i feel like they are a member of my family too. sometimes it is so nice to come here and read happy news, ya know???
blessings to all,
peace,
blue

Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Jane what a bummer about the SSRI. I can't take anything like that either. Sounds like better news on the injections. I'm an optimist, I figure it is a positive if one out of every 5 things tried works.
Auntie Blue, I will pass those hugs along. I can't wait to have another new baby to rock. The last one is already 6mo.s old. He still likes to be rocked some, but he much prefers bouncing and rolling and trying to crawl and all that tiring stuff.....giggle!

Glojer

Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

they do grow fast girlfriend. i have one who is 19 now. i remember when . . .
blue

Old 10-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi All and congrats on the baby Chicabellatox. I just got fired last week and my daughter and 3 mo old grandaughter lives with me. I love having her here to take the worry and pain away. The angels in our lives are the best. Welcome back Janewhite1. i too don't always post but am always sneaking around lol! I also live in NJ and can totally relate to the way this weather is changing in such awfully fast ways. One day Summer next day fall. Has me reeling. I too have a female Rheumy and love her. She totally understands me. I don't know what SSRI's (sp) so can't comment on them. I am going to statrt a new Thread about my job hope to hear from you.

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now