It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User
Flare or Flu?

I have several areas where I feel pain but not usually all at once. I laid down on the couch and dozed off for a bit while the kids were napping today and when I woke up I hurt from head to toe. I've never really experienced anything like it. It feels like every muscle in my body is screaming and even my skin hurts. I am a little more dizzy than usual and feel a little nauseated. But I always feel sick to my stomach when I hurt this bad. So, my question is, is this a flare or do I maybe have something else coming on? Anybody else feel pain in every muscle all at once?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Flare or Flu?

Sounds like it could be a flare. Do you feel sick?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

relax, sounds like a monster flare. i get those too. loose cloths, no bra or panties helps for the skin pain. the rest just do a hot bath and go to bed if you can when you can. if you start barfing you will know it's a bug. fibro just makes you feel like you want to barf all the time but you don't.
remember to breath deep and slow. it helps. hugs for energy when the kids are up pottering about. giggle.
peace,
blue
forgot to say i find topical pain cream or jels help if i use it like lotion. all over my body. even the bottoms of my feet. i shave my head so it gets a slathering too.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yup what Blue said . My brain died when I typed that last night. Hope today is a better day. Take it easy and only do what is necessary.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

That sounds like a flare, and an awful one! Go with what blue said. When those hit me I steal my fiances shirts, stay away from anything rough feeling, never wear pants and pretty much live on my heating pad or in my tub. Just relax as much as you can and it'll go away
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

Thank you so much!! I actually logged on this morning and started typing a response but then the kiddos started getting up and I couldn't finish, lol. Last night I did exactly what you recommended. Loose clothes and just laid down. Sleep did not come easily as I had an annoying and painful tense feeling in my jaw. But I worked on breathing and relaxing as well as I could and was able to fall asleep around 2. The funny thing is, I feel almost normal today. A bit of a headache I think from the tense feeling in my jaw which has now settled to a dull ache. But compared to the last couple of weeks I feel good. I have been getting some things done around the house this morning and playing with the kids. They are now settled to nap and I am resting because I am afraid to overdo it and get that feeling back from yesterday!! But thank you. You were all right!! I am just so glad that it didn't settle in for a while.

Reply Reply